Feedback and suggestions

Why does every feature i see added to this site always make it worse

The redesign is to make the stories section more mobile friendly. Please could you be more specific about what you don't like and I'll consider if there's anything I can do to help.
5 years

I think the stories section is less mobile friendly than ever. Now it doesn't show what stories have new chapters so you have to go through and check each story you're following to see if they've been updated since last time.
5 years

FA guy:
I think the stories section is less mobile friendly than ever. Now it doesn't show what stories have new chapters so you have to go through and check each story you're following to see if they've been updated since last time.

Try using the 'following' feature to follow the author. You'll get a notification when a new story or chapter is added.
5 years

Why reinvent the wheel.
i like the previous way
5 years

karenjenk:
Why reinvent the wheel.
i like the previous way

There were several reasons for this:

* We need to encourage more members to join the website. One way to do this is to show that we have lots of good content, therefore it's important to show our best stories first (like a shop window). Existing members who are more familiar with the website can easily set up a search to find what they want.

* It removes 'clutter' from the page which makes things easier for mobile users where space is at a premium. The most important information is shown first i.e. the page title, description and thumbnail. The supplementary metadata is still available, but it's secondary. This makes it easier to quickly scan the stories for something that seems interesting, without the important information being lost in the mix. Of course, some people may still prefer it the old way because it's down to personal preference, but I'm trying to cater for the majority of members.

* To be fair to authors, those who have spent many hours creating good quality stories, should have their stories shown in precedent over those that have not spent very long. This should improve the quality of stories overall as authors try to get their stories up the rankings. This is in response to a previous forum thread where members were complaining that the quality of the stories seemed to be going down.
5 years

Quick response from a mostly-mobile user: My main gripe with the stories on mobile is that I can no longer read the descriptions, see how many chapters a story has, or even read the basic tags for gender, sexuality and general content without clicking the 'more' option. I know it seems like a small thing, but it does make it incredibly less mobile-friendly in my perspective.

Just from a feedback standpoint. I understand the knee-jerk reaction will always be 'change bad', but I think I can speak for most people that when going to the stories page, the image to accompany the story tells you the absolute least about the story itself (especially when more than half don't even have images added, and 99.9% of the time when there is a picture it's just a naked fat tummy- not complaining, just acknowledging that there is a user image gallery already with plenty of that) while the description, categories and chapters should really be what is on display for the most part.

It would be really cool if in any future redesigns, those aspects were taken into account. That's just my two cents.
5 years