Feedback and suggestions

Redesign of stories section

Hey I've been pretty chill about the story section redesign but can we get search back please? The recommended are nice but not whati want. Also i got this error today at the top of the screen

"Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/v3/application/FantApp/Controller/StoriesIndex.php on line 111"
5 years
attachment

Thanks for pointing out this bug. The disappearing search button for guests was also a bug. Should now be fixed.
5 years

Two questions about the new redesign.

1. Where do all the older stories go when they aren't on the stories tab anymore, I see that some of the stories from the beginning of fantasy feeder are gone.

2. I am an avid force feeding lover, will there ever be a way to search just force feed stories, there is a submission domination search but no one just for force feeding
5 years

1. Stories are either deleted when someone deletes their account, or they are deleted when inactive accounts are removed after 2 years.

2. We'll need to work out if there are enough force feeding stories to warrent a category of their own.
5 years

There really needs to be a way to select multiple people gaining and multiple themes. And Force feeding is a huge topic in a lot of these. Maybe a tagging system similar to AO3 or tumblr? The drop down is really limiting to authors and readers. In general the search function is way too broad.
5 years

"1. Stories are either deleted when someone deletes their account, or they are deleted when inactive accounts are removed after 2 years."

Is it actually necessary to delete stories under those conditions? Perhaps make it so that the stories CAN deleted, but are not deleted by default?

A lot of content is being lost this way.
5 years

fatchance:
"1. Stories are either deleted when someone deletes their account, or they are deleted when inactive accounts are removed after 2 years."

Is it actually necessary to delete stories under those conditions? Perhaps make it so that the stories CAN deleted, but are not deleted by default?

A lot of content is being lost this way.

I agree some good content can be lost, but new content is being uploaded daily to replace it. We just don't have the storage capacily to keep it all forever.

When user's delete their accounts it's because they want to remove themselves from the website, so we need to remove all of their content. They own the copyright so it's not for us to hold onto it.

If you see a story you really like, perhaps make a copy for your own personal use so that you don't loose it. Just remember not to publish it anywhere without the author's permission.
5 years

I understand about copyrights. That is why I was suggesting giving them the option to let stories remain. Lots of authors have shown up later looking for copies of their own stories a few years later.

I also get your point about storage capacity too ... although stories don't take up the kind of room that pictures do.
5 years

fatchance:
I understand about copyrights. That is why I was suggesting giving them the option to let stories remain. Lots of authors have shown up later looking for copies of their own stories a few years later.

I also get your point about storage capacity too ... although stories don't take up the kind of room that pictures do.

this.
5 years

slipstream:
fucked up story section; all I get is blank story page

hiccupx:
Please post the URL of the blank page here and I'll look into this.

If you're truly an admin guy - please hear me as a long time member we are so sad how awful "Chat" is now - no one likes the format and it crashes every three minutes ... real shame - community blown - any chance of going back?

Cheers,
Cali
5 years
123   loading