Feedback and suggestions

Redesign of stories section

The images were resized to fit in with the new design. If anyone has lost any thumbnail in the process please post the story title here and I'll look into it. I still have the original images, so may be able to recover them.
5 years

How can we tell which are new?
5 years

All the images will look the same except the shape (aspect ratio) will have changed from square to rectangle.

The issues we're discussing here is that some of the images appear to have gone missing in the process. If this is the case, then your story thumbnail will default to a blue image of an open book instead of the image you uploaded:

5 years

Would it be possible to include the username of the writer as well as the title of the story again on the main stories page? A big deciding factor on whether I’m going to even click on a new story or not is if I’ve read and enjoyed someone’s stories before.
5 years

Also why are the name of author, number of likes and comments etc. now hidden from search results? That is a bad change. We aren't dumb and didn't need the results dumbed down for us. More information is better - change that back.

EDIT: I understand you can view that info by clicking the dropdown. But since this is information most everyone will want to see anyway, you are actually just creating the chore of individually having to click the dropdown on every story to see info we obviously are going to want to see.
5 years

I agree with Horrorbusiness and was going to say the same thing. It's an annoying hassle to have to click that over and over to see the details. Can't see the page numbers to tell if anything has changed or not. Also, the resized format is mildly annoying as well. Much better the way it used to be.
5 years

Also, and this may not be limited to stories, but would it be too much to ask that titles aren't converted to lower case, please?
5 years

I posted this comment elsewhere, but the other posters in this thread may appreciate this idea as well.

"I would sign up for premium to have the option of viewing the list of stories the old way. Please make a secondary story menu that allows for viewing the old way!

I am fine with changes and features that may attract new members, but trying to learn a new way to go through all of the posted stories is unnecessarily frustrating. I even briefly considered whether I should begin to advocate for moving the writing community elsewhere, but I love FF. If the old way of viewing the stories could coexist with the new story menu, I'm sure you would see more engagement overall.

If this is not possible, I would really like to know why."

Again, thank you for your consideration.
5 years

fucked up story section; all I get is blank story page
5 years

slipstream:
fucked up story section; all I get is blank story page

Please post the URL of the blank page here and I'll look into this.
5 years
123   loading