Gaining

Are there any yo-yo gainers here?

Are there gainers for whom the act of getting fatter is more important than being fat?

So that when you reach a size which starts getting impractical, you deliberately lose some weight so you can begin your gaining journey again?

If so, how did you develop this habit? Was it your plan from the beginning, or was it only later that you realized you are getting too fat for your comfort but still wanted to gain, and have chosen this as a solution?

Did the reverse happen to anyone? That you wanted to yo-yo, but then later started to enjoy the weight itself and continued past your old limit?
5 years

StarSmoke:
I'm a gainer and never intend to lose weight but it's happened a bunch of times throughout my life.

It's interesting to see that in this relatively niche field we are in, there is still a great variety of desires and preferences.

Usually the three major desires are not equally important for gainers:
- love for food
- love for being large
- love for the process of getting bigger.

How do you balance these?

Unless you are into immobility, I would guess you do (or will have) a limit. I remember seeing you around the first time a few years ago, you were almost half your current size. If you continue like this, you'll have some real adjustments to make, I would guess. Or do you just go with the flow, not caring what will happen? I'm curious how someone who doesn't want to ever lose weight thinks about what she will do if/when she gets to impractical sizes.
5 years

Me:

It's those three things combined with the Holidays, you can just let yourself go without being judged as harshly as in the summer.

2. I can't afford new clothes! I get to where everything I own is tight, most things don't fit and I'm limited to a handful of shirts and 3 pairs of pants.

I just go back to a "normal" diet, no heavy meals, no fast food, do moderate exercise, and for now the 10-15 lbs I intentionally put on usually from mid Nov to late Jan, this year I'm going longer I want to get to 215 for real, is usually off by April or May, otherwise I get ridiculed by friends and it doesn't feel good it hurts.

But in the winter when I can hide my belly, I just love to fill it and watch it grow.

The other problem I've noticed as I age, is as I gain weight, I have more and more back and knee pain , so this does prevent me from saying, F- what everyone says..
5 years

Me:

It's those three things combined with the Holidays, you can just let yourself go without being judged as harshly as in the summer.

2. I can't afford new clothes! I get to where everything I own is tight, most things don't fit and I'm limited to a handful of shirts and 3 pairs of pants.

I just go back to a "normal" diet, no heavy meals, no fast food, do moderate exercise, and for now the 10-15 lbs I intentionally put on usually from mid Nov to late Jan, this year I'm going longer I want to get to 215 for real, is usually off by April or May, otherwise I get ridiculed by friends and it doesn't feel good it hurts.

But in the winter when I can hide my belly, I just love to fill it and watch it grow.

The other problem I've noticed as I age, is as I gain weight, I have more and more back and knee pain , so this does prevent me from saying, F- what everyone says..
5 years

StarSmoke:
Usually the three major desires are not equally important for gainers:
- love for food
- love for being large
- love for the process of getting bigger.

How do you balance these?

Personally I yo-yo gaining and loosing 15-20 pounds at a time. Personally I love stuffing and getting stuff and the act of fattening up, but as soon as I feel like I have a hard time climbing (rock climbing is a big outlet for me) then I loose it down again.

I think with different people it's different though.
5 years

I'm really happy to see this conversation, since I've been thinking about this recently. I currently am at a point where I want to lose a bit of weight so that I can then gain it back quickly and have a dramatic difference, but not have to buy new clothes. Also I want the feeling of having my clothes lose, and gradually getting them tighter and tighter the heavier I get.

Glad there are other people like that too!
5 years

I never posts to these sites, so I guess this will be my first. I have actually gained and lost a hundred plus pounds four times before in my life (I'm 42). I was a bigger kid and lost 75lbs in high school making me super skinny. I yo-yo'd in my 20s up and down 50lbs or so. Then, I made it to 270lbs and dropped to 212lbs through weight lifting when I was 30. I was just shredded with a 6 pack. By the time I was 35, I was up to 311lbs. I decided again to get shredded and lost down to 219lbs. I was running a half marathon every weekend and was about 8% body fat. Then I gained back up to 340lbs by the time I was 40. I decided yet once again to get in insanely good shape. I lost all the way down to 230lbs with working and bodybuilding. I then started some..
Ahem.....steroids (dont judge) and I packed on like 30lbs of muscle. Once again, life happened and i stopped working out. Only this time, instead of a couple years, my weight soared over 4 to 5 months up 80lbs putting me back to about 340lbs. I've been hovering around there for about a year now but I recently think I have gained (my scale says ERROR after 340). I am thinking I'm about 350lbs or so.

After all the years of all these ups and downs, i dont wanna ever focus on my weight again. If anything, it turned me from feeder, to being a feedee. I love my body now and would love to be 400. I am dating a girl to that has always had feeder tendencies and I told her my preference and she is 100% on board. The only real downside is now, i have some pretty serious back pain, and atrocious GERD.
5 years

Yes....I have done this a few times as well. Mostly during there is a void of weight gain in my life with my wife. I tend to accidentally pack on the lbs. and after 15+ lbs. I start realizing that my appetite has become really big and then I start noticing all my pants fitting extremely tight with my gut hanging way out over the waist band. I happen to be on one of this streaks right now. Tried on a pair of 38” slacks this morning which were very loose in my waist....but today I could barely fasten them with my fat gut hanging way out over the waist band....o ended up wearing them well under my gut like I would jeans.

I wonder how many women out there get turned on by there men gaining weight but never really tell them?

Each time as the post above I notice I don’t ever get down to my previous weight always above it....and when I gain again I usually surpass my highest weight.
5 years

I know of two interesting examples.

1. An SSBBW who was active on youtube (I haven't seen her in a while), she got so big she had difficulty walking, she then drops 100-150 pounds so she can gain it back. She likes gaining but she isn't into immobility. She is big enough that at her lowest she is still in SSBBW territory.

2. Someone I know in real life, she is not into feedersim (at least I don't know it) she just loves eating, she is barely a little plump in the summer, gains a lot of weight during the winter, then drops it all for the next summer. She's been doing it for years now.
4 years

I have been toying with the idea of gaining to 250lbs. Then practicly starving myself back to 120lbs then see how fast I can get myself back to 250
4 years
12   loading