Gaining

Excess calorie absorbtion

So, eat enough carbs to keep you going .... then eat tons of fat to make yourself fatter.

So, eat a lot of pizza followed a little later with a quart of cream! LOL
5 years

NeonTiger:
Hey all,

I read an interesting article on calorie absorption. Apparently on average you only absorb one fifth of every 1000 excess calories consumed as fat. This explains a lot for a long time gainer like me - if I just add up the calories I eat to the magical excess 3500 calories, it never turns into a pound of fat.

Anyways, it�s an interesting read for anyone in this community. Also some interesting stuff on absorbtion of carbs vs fats vs proteins. Key finding: the best way to get fat is to consume a lot of it.

legionathletics.com/how-much-fat-can-you-gain-when-you-binge/amp/

Happy reading!

SahX:
Accordingly which sources? Varsity thesis based on the same old, one-century old fabled goverment-led theorum of calorie burning and dubious hypothesis?

You should watch the latest "Adam Ruins Everything" clip about it.

Wait I haven’t seen that one. What’s the title and platform?
5 years

NeonTiger:
Hey all,

I read an interesting article on calorie absorption. Apparently on average you only absorb one fifth of every 1000 excess calories consumed as fat. This explains a lot for a long time gainer like me - if I just add up the calories I eat to the magical excess 3500 calories, it never turns into a pound of fat.

Anyways, it�s an interesting read for anyone in this community. Also some interesting stuff on absorbtion of carbs vs fats vs proteins. Key finding: the best way to get fat is to consume a lot of it.

legionathletics.com/how-much-fat-can-you-gain-when-you-binge/amp/

Happy reading!

SahX:
Accordingly which sources? Varsity thesis based on the same old, one-century old fabled goverment-led theorum of calorie burning and dubious hypothesis?

You should watch the latest "Adam Ruins Everything" clip about it.

I don't want to be that guy, but I'm gonna be that guy.

This is actually a great article that cross references numerous studies that span across several decades from the late 1990s all the way up to 2014. It cross references about 20 different studies done in a variety of environments. Some of those studies are small with only 15 people participating, but these studies are confirmed with larger studies.

Conclusion: reliable resource and likely factual information.

Great resource Neon Tiger! Thank you for sharing!
5 years