Lifestyle tips

Metabolism problems

Hello, I have been dealing with a problem... My metabolism is way to fast for me to eat ANYTHING and gain weight... anyone have any tips? Much would be appreciated.
5 years

Metabolism problems

van:
You probably need around 2500 to maintain. I'd suggest keeping track of everything you eat using an app like MyFitnessPal or something, for at least a month so you can make sure you're eating enough. You should be eating around 3k a day to gain a pound a week.

Okay, I will get the app, but when I feel like I am eating a ton, why does it seem like I gain nothing. For example; yesterday, I ate a Huge breakfast a huge lunch and a huge dinner with a snack before bed. I just feel full regardless of heavy/fat. Is it just because of my metabolism?
5 years

Metabolism problems

Yo-yo dieting will crash your metabolism. Lose 10 lbs with severe calorie restriction WITHOUT exercising, then gain it back by eating normally. Do this 4-5 times over the course of a year. Each time it will get harder to lose the weight and easier to gain. This is partly to do with losing muscle weight, which burns calories, while gaining fat weight that provides insulation which conserves calories. This does take some time but will lower your base metabolism leading to easier gains being forward.
5 years

Metabolism problems

OP I have the same problem. I feel your ironic pain.

flake113:
Yo-yo dieting will crash your metabolism. Lose 10 lbs with severe calorie restriction WITHOUT exercising, then gain it back by eating normally. Do this 4-5 times over the course of a year. Each time it will get harder to lose the weight and easier to gain. This is partly to do with losing muscle weight, which burns calories, while gaining fat weight that provides insulation which conserves calories. This does take some time but will lower your base metabolism leading to easier gains being forward.

What if you're like me and don't have 10 pounds to lose? How long do you think it would take someone with an excess 10 pounds to lose it by fasting? Whatever that amount of time is, then I might do it for that amount of time and see what happens. Would it take a day, two days, a week or fasting? A month?
5 years

Metabolism problems

flake113:

Does this diet really work though? I mean.. I have tried diets like these before. (For months) and I still couldn’t gain the weight to lose. Any thoughts?
5 years

Metabolism problems

van:
True, if someone is having trouble eating a lot and gaining, it's not a great idea to skip meals/fast in the beginning since this makes your stomach shrink. The main goal should be to consistently eat more at each meal so your body gets used to eating larger quantities.

So basically just eat more then I do? If so then that's a challenge already.. .
5 years

Metabolism problems

van:
Why is eating more a challenge? Lack of appetite?[/quote]
Yes! how did you guess?
5 years

Metabolism problems

van:
It's very common for people who have trouble gaining to not be able to eat a lot of food. I had the same problem when I first started gaining. I had to literally force myself to eat way more than I was used to eating, and it sucked for the first month lol. The good thing is, once you stretch out your stomach, your body will naturally want more food. It's just the first few weeks that are the hardest.

MONTH? Can I chat with you? I have some serious questions...
5 years

Metabolism problems

flake113:

PhycoPanda:
Does this diet really work though? I mean.. I have tried diets like these before. (For months) and I still couldn�t gain the weight to lose. Any thoughts?

You do have to try... and by "try" we don't mean wish... you have to seriously over-eat initially to increase stomach capacity. That is going to mean some discomfort but the stomach is a malleable organ and will respond with consistent stretching at least twice daily.

And when it was said diet, you replied you don't have 10 lbs to lose... you mean you don't have 10 lbs of flab... that's thinking wrong. You want to lose muscle, which will happen if you restrict calories and don't exercise.

Now if you mean you already look like a famine victim then you have to get serious about continuing to eat when you aren't hungry... trust us, there is more room than you think. Train yourself to associate being over full with pleasure... I'm sure you can think of something pleasurable to experience after you stuff yourself to the point you feel moaning-groaning FULL.

Apetamin is an appetite stimulant that will help you feel more hungry more often and delay feeling too full to keep eating. But you still have to put in the effort of actually eating more food ALL THE TIME. It is the consistent daily overconsumption of excess calories that is required. Having one or two stuffings a week isn't going to get you anywhere.
5 years