Gaining

How to get parents to buy a better scale

So, I live with my parents, which is tough when you're a gainer. They don't really mention my weight much. They can tell I've gotten a lot bigger recently but seem to keep quiet about it (at least to my face). Problem is, I love the scales. An extra pound makes my day. Haven't weighed myself in a while but I did today and the screen went blank. Turns out, the limit is 20.5 stone (287lbs which I was at last time I weighed in before Christmas!). I need one that can handle more weight, but the scale is fine for them as they weigh far less than me. Any ideas on what to do? Thanks!
5 years

Drop something heavy on it... like a barbell. Contrive a reason to take it outside to weigh something and then drop a cinder block on it.
5 years

Go ahead and buy one for yourself.
5 years

Well what I have dome the last few years is go to the machines that measure your height/weight, blood pressure etc. Like you I'm from Northern Ireland, so there should be some in shopping centres, close to the toilets (thankfully the one I use is in a quieter shopping centre). That prints out a receipt of all your details. I find this helps, as I eclipsed the 20 stone Mark a couple of years ago. These machines are in most chemists too, you probably know about them, but it handier than buying your own scale. Although i saw one in my workplace which goes up to over 28 stone!! (It was a Weight watchers one)
5 years

At my local doctors, they offer a machine for free which takes things like weight and blood pressure.

It's obviously meant for before going to see the nurse/doctor but there's no restrictions AFAIK.

The only other thing I can think of is if you plan to go on holiday and you want to use the scales for weighing luggage.
5 years

mike13:
Well what I have dome the last few years is go to the machines that measure your height/weight, blood pressure etc. Like you I'm from Northern Ireland, so there should be some in shopping centres, close to the toilets (thankfully the one I use is in a quieter shopping centre). That prints out a receipt of all your details. I find this helps, as I eclipsed the 20 stone Mark a couple of years ago. These machines are in most chemists too, you probably know about them, but it handier than buying your own scale. Although i saw one in my workplace which goes up to over 28 stone!! (It was a Weight watchers one)

Out of curiosity, which shopping centres have you used? The only ones I can think of would be big ones and be pretty busy!
5 years