Lifestyle tips

Cholesterol

The doctor had some bad news today. My cholesterol is too high. I have to eat healthier and exercise more. Just when I was gaining again. Any tips to gain but lower my cholesterol at the same time?
5 years

Cholesterol

You can also take Red Yeast Rice. I take 4 600mg capsules of Puritan's Pride brand every morning and every night. It dropped my cholesterol 70 points. You will want to take some Co-Q-10 as well though.

I get it from Amazon just because it is much less expensive, but it is easy to find.
5 years

Cholesterol

Thanks everyone.

I just startend the Red yiest, but I read a lot of articles how bad it is. Being healthy is difficult 😀

@fatchance: is your cholesterol lower even if you are gaining?
5 years

Cholesterol

yes it lowers it even while gaining.

My doctor wanted to put me on a statin prescription and I said no. Then she suggested the Red Yeast Rice

It works well.

Do take Co Q 10 though also. O get mine frpm Sam's Club.
5 years

Cholesterol

Bit the gpod news is that the latest and largest study ever on cholesterol found no correlation between high cholesterol and heart disease.

So we probably don't need to sweat the cholesterol so much as we thought.
5 years

Cholesterol

I will look the study up again and post a link. I seem to recall it followed 70,000 people for quite a while.
5 years

Cholesterol

I'm on statins. Nothing to be scared of:one small tablet each day and brought my cholesterol right down. Before that, those cholesterol lowering spreads etc like Benecol did help a bit too.
5 years

Cholesterol

Yep, they work, Red Yeast Rice works, Cholestoff works, personal choice.
5 years

Cholesterol

When you say you have high cholesterol, what kind of number is it? Like super high or just a little above the curios cutoff point? Do they check HDL/LDL etc too?
5 years

Cholesterol

Dazedandconfused ..

What is your deal? Just plain nasty. As you can see someone else had time to track it down. I suppose you will begin to abuse him too now.

I had provided a link to an article discussing the study before, if you were actually interested you could have looked in up on your own.

I have no need to lie, because I am only trying to be helpful. I have no ax to grind. I take Red Yeast Rice everyday and it brought my total cholesterol down about 70 points. (it is now 166) Not giving it up yet, but this study makes one give it some thought.

Do you work for a pharma company or something? Otherwise I don't understand the hostility.
5 years