Artists and animators

New artwork category in pics section

Check out this new feature in the pics section - you now have your own category for artwork.

fantasyfeeder.com/pics

New time you upload one of your drawings or designs just choose the 'artwork' category on the upload form.
5 years

becomingoverweight:
There's loads of pictures like that on Deviantart.

Correction: loads of pictures that are stolen from Deviantart.
5 years

fluffbun:
Reposting someone else's art without permission and without crediting the original artist is a huge no-no in the online artist community.

Not on this site, unfortunately.
Once I reported someone who posted art of a Deviantart artist I know, and even erased the signature from the corner of the image. My reports were deleted, the stolen pictures weren't. Then I asked (politely) in the forum about the site's copyright policy, the moderators removed that as well. Let's see how long this post stays on the forum, and how long of a ban I'll receive for mentioning it.
5 years

fluffbun:
Reposting someone else's art without permission and without crediting the original artist is a huge no-no in the online artist community.

curiousv:
Not on this site, unfortunately.
Once I reported someone who posted art of a Deviantart artist I know, and even erased the signature from the corner of the image. My reports were deleted, the stolen pictures weren't. Then I asked (politely) in the forum about the site's copyright policy, the moderators removed that as well. Let's see how long this post stays on the forum, and how long of a ban I'll receive for mentioning it.

The website's policy is that we respect a person's copyright. If you have a picture that has been copied to this website without you're permission and you wish your copyright to be protected, please report the picture to the moderators using the report abuse icon.

Also if you know of anyone who has had their picture copied to this website who may be upset about it, please let them know and ask them to get in touch.
5 years

hiccupx:
The website's policy is that we respect a person's copyright. If you have a picture that has been copied to this website without you're permission and you wish your copyright to be protected, please report the picture to the moderators using the report abuse icon.

Also if you know of anyone who has had their picture copied to this website who may be upset about it, please let them know and ask them to get in touch.

Thanks! This is an improvement.

A few years ago I reported an obvious art thief, who was posting pictures from Deviantart and blatantly erased the signatures from the corners of the images, and the moderators took the theif's side. I was rebuffed that "if the image can be found via Google Images, then anyone is allowed to do with it whatever they please", my reports and forum posts about it were deleted.

But it's nice to hear that things are better and more professional now. smiley
5 years

As an aside, you could make the argument that sites like google are the biggest disrespectors of copyright on the web.

Instead of people uploading content to their website, they actively trawl other websites copying images and other content to their servers. They then allow people to search and view the images without any permission being sort from the copyright holders.

I’ve never understood how google has been allowed to get away with this.
5 years

fluffbun:
Yeah, I noticed the art theft is rampant on this site. Reposting someone else�s art without permission and without crediting the original artist is a huge no-no in the online artist community. Happens all the time not just here but everywhere, unfortunately.

Too bad the internet makes tracking such things so hard because it is also a big no-no in the take you to court and sue you community.
5 years