Feedback and suggestions

New chat

Kingjoffrey:
For one, there are is no info on the person you want to chat with, no sex, age and weight like it was in the old chat and which I liked.

You should be able to find this information in the users tab at the top of the chat window.

Also, PMs is weird here as you really don't see visually who you are chatting with like in the old system.

When you open up a new chat window to private chat with someone, you will see them in the side bar when they enter the private room.

As you may know, this chat has been around for a while as Beta Chat. There may still be issues with it, but the best way to find and fix them is to get people using it. It's still a work in progress so thanks for your feedback.
5 years

New chat

Thanks squish
5 years

New chat

-There's also complaints about the chat resetting far too much as well. A reset even occurred about 20 seconds after the last one so we're not sure what happened.

-Some people would also like an LGBT room as well.

-Some people also feel its not as user-friendly as the older chat and people wish they wouldn't have to click on the message box to post each time and feel that it's a step back to have to do so since in the previous chat they could type and it would automatically go in the message box without having to do that.

-Also when the chat resets it wipes out everyones private chats and it also fills up everyone's chat counter to max again.

-Also someone else is using Linux and has been unable to access this chat when they were able to access the old chat just fine so they're not sure if a different codec is involved or anything.

Plus:

HookedOnFeeding:
the console trace say "Unchecked runtime.lastError: The message port closed before a response was received." Text:1

CarlyCCurtis
btw the automatic chat scroll is still scrolling even though I disabled it and every time I refresh it gets enabled again

sracerfa
Saph, in chat, when I click on groups nothing happens or appears. Same with users. Is the chat down? I'm accessing via iPad, if that matters. The chat page just appears blank below the Group/User tabs. Sometimes when I refresh, the message bar shows up at the bottom of the page.

Re: people's private chats being leaked:
yes....what is happening is when you get kicked
the chat is resetting your PMs but whatever you have typed into the chat bar doesn't so when you click enter it gets placed here

Seems that could be it.
5 years

New chat

I just can't access anything on the chat. A window appears with some white space n if I click on the other tab some names of users appears. Nothing more than that.
5 years

New chat

Me too, it worked for one day then all I get is a white screen
5 years

New chat

Same here!
5 years

New chat

same here 0 users and still white screen I've checked back several times.
5 years

New chat

Ibogaine:
hey, chat works, but
IT
SUCKS
ASS
thanks

I guess it crapped out again still get the same thing as earlier.
5 years

New chat

While the chat has numerous issues that range from annoying to silly, the fact that private PMs are being revealed publicly is reason enough to *immediately* reverse course and reinstate the old system, pending a solution.

If this were my site, I would sooner shut it down while figuring it out than allow that situation to continue.

After the circus yesterday, I decided to wait one day to see if the situation resolved itself. Well, it hasn't, PMs are still being leaked for all to see in the broken new chat room.

As a result, I have decided I will no longer visit FF on a regular basis. This is such a blatant lack of respect for your own users I don't even want to support it with ad revenue. The idea that this site has paid options is a joke. In fact, given the reasonable expectation of privacy in a PM, I dare say it's even unlawful. And then I see a person affiliated with the site laugh at the leaked private information. Insanity!

Those in charge should be bugging the hell out and racing to change this *yesterday*.

Because I have visited FF for many years, appreciate the site and met many nice people here, I don't want to write it off fully. I will check on it, but till things get better I'll be at that "other" site.

I hate to be that guy but someone had to lay out how insane this is.

For the record, I was not affected by this personally, I just witnessed it go down. I was already about to give up with the chat update anyway, but this issue supersedes them all and goes beyond facepalming.

Good luck guys...grab the backup tapes lol
5 years

New chat

I miss chat smiley
5 years
12345   loading