Feedback and suggestions

New chat

Here the script complains in firefox about the object "FfclientConfig" not being defined. It is used here:
5 years
attachment

New chat

Here I got stuck on where it is defined.
I found a reference on window.Ffclientconfig inside
FFChat2/ff-chat-1.2-min.js
but not where it is defined.

A second "undefined" object problem happened: n[o.osName] is undefined

Thanks to Steve for this really really beautiful javascript by the way - it was a pleasure to read through it, well structured, very great work! Let's get that one running! smiley
5 years
attachment

New chat

Just adding that some people have been thrown into another person's private conversation when chat crashes, though its a rarer glitch. It happened to me today so I've uploaded a censored image below. I didn't appear in the private chat, just the two people, but it replaced my number of chats with the number that the main person had in this conversation.
5 years
attachment

New chat

Once you dove into Java Script you totally lost me... but does this mean the problem has been identified?

Really missing chat, folks, but none of my devices works - ever!
5 years

New chat

stuffwithme:
Here the script complains in firefox about the object "FfclientConfig" not being defined. It is used here:

I don't currently have a version of Firefox on Linux to debug with so I'm working in the blind.

The page JavaScript sets the configuration for the JavaScript in the file ff-chat-1.2.min.js so this file needs to be loaded first. I've introduced the following line onto the page, but I can't test to see if it's made any difference (please let me know).

$(document).ready(function() {
});
5 years

New chat

hiccupx:
I don't currently have a version of Firefox on Linux to debug with so I'm working in the blind.

The page JavaScript sets the configuration for the JavaScript in the file ff-chat-1.2.min.js so this file needs to be loaded first. I've introduced the following line onto the page, but I can't test to see if it's made any difference (please let me know).

$(document).ready(function() {
});

A friend of mine is using Linux and it still won't work for them with this update.
5 years

New chat

Hiccupx,

Why not post what version of browser you are testing the chat with. It could be the JS in the Linux browsers are laging behind the or the Linux users need to make sure they browsers are up to date.

FYI for everyone, I looked this up a while back on Wiki. JS is always looking for better ways to skin a cat. Keep that in mind.

HoF
5 years

New chat

Browser: Mozilla Firefox 66.0.2
Javascript: Version 1.5
5 years

New chat

The user list on the side of chat is broken and seems to be storing most people that ever entered chat.
5 years

New chat

stuffwithme:
Browser: Mozilla Firefox 66.0.2
Javascript: Version 1.5

you need JS 2.0 or higher.
5 years
23456   loading