Feedback and suggestions

Questions about premium stories

What exactly makes a story eligible for premium? Before anyone puts down money shouldn’t we be able to get an idea of what we are going to pay for? A lot of authors never finish their stories, so I’m just curious if there are guidelines an author has to meet before they can make their story premium. And how does a story go from free to premium? Is there just a way to sign up or a button to press? How is the stuff paid? There didn’t seem to be any sort of FAQ page or thread for writers to follow or find. Also, that’s a lot of money just to read what? Like 10 stories? There isn’t a way to just get the stories or pay per story.
5 years

A lot of the info about Premium content and Earnings can be found under the Commission link at the bottom of the website.

fantasyfeeder.com/about/commission

You can also read more about Premium content here: making money from your uploads - trial

Currently there are no particular guidelines in place that an author has to meet to make their story premium.
5 years

Most authors of premium stories build up their reputation by offering free stories as well. If you think their free stories are well written and entertaining, then their premium stories are likely to be as well.

I’m not sure exactly how many premium stories there are, but as you say there must be at least 10, which for $9.99 would work out a lot cheaper than purchasing the stories individually.

Plus new premium stories are being written all the time and you also get access to all the premium pics and videos, of which there are now hundreds.
5 years

hiccupx:
I�m not sure exactly how many premium stories there are, but as you say there must be at least 10, which for $9.99 would work out a lot cheaper than purchasing the stories individually.

Plus new premium stories are being written all the time and you also get access to all the premium pics and videos, of which there are now hundreds.

Well, one, I only want access to stories. I wish there was a cheaper story only thing. I have zero desire to do anything with the rest of the features. And two, the stories aren’t really worth 9.99 if they aren’t finished or never get finished. Those ten stories are pretty much written by around three people, only one of which I really enjoy (your search function is really hard to navigate so it’s hard to tell for sure. There is no “show all”’or “show only premium” or “show free only” Option, which should be included in the drop down.) so no, it’s not worth a monthly fee for one unfinished story with no guarantee to be finished story.
You yourself have posted before about how all the stories on here should be free for people to enjoy, so suddenly switching over to a pay model is jarring.
5 years

I understand that upgrading may not seem worthwhile in your case, especially if you won't be making use of the unlimited pic and video viewing feature.

It's impossible to please everyone, so I've tried to taylor the upgrade features to give the best possible value for the most people. The new Earnings Accounts now also allows members to earn commission on the uploads, so we're able to give even more back to the community.

There are over 3,500 FREE stories on this website by some very talented authors, so I hope there's plenty there for you to enjoy even without an upgrade.
5 years

hiccupx:
I�m not sure exactly how many premium stories there are, but as you say there must be at least 10, which for $9.99 would work out a lot cheaper than purchasing the stories individually.

Biddygal:
Well, one, I only want access to stories. I wish there was a cheaper story only thing. I have zero desire to do anything with the rest of the features. And two, the stories aren�t really worth 9.99 if they aren�t finished or never get finished. Those ten stories are pretty much written by around three people, only one of which I really enjoy (your search function is really hard to navigate so it�s hard to tell for sure. There is no �show all��or �show only premium� or �show free only� Option, which should be included in the drop down.) so no, it�s not worth a monthly fee for one unfinished story with no guarantee to be finished story.
You yourself have posted before about how all the stories on here should be free for people to enjoy, so suddenly switching over to a pay model is jarring.

It's not like he's forcing any stories to be premium, he's just allowing the authors to choose. It's really not that jarring, lol. And, though I admit having a way to filter out premium content might be nice, there are arguments to be made the other way as well, such as that they are already labeled, so its not like you read the description, fall in love, open it, and THEN find you have to pay for it. Just skip the ones labeled premium.
5 years