story writing

are there any simple ways to improve writing skills?1 month

Wiey:
Actually, how to write a good essay? Share your tips smiley

You get better at anything -- riding a bicycle, dancing, playing a piano, flying your star-cruiser-- by practicing. Diaries are a really good idea, a way to practice that's low-impact. If you write poorly no one will mock you, although, gosh darn, without feedback you'll never know if you're improving.

Reading also helps. If you see something that works, be a copy-cat. No I don't mean plagiarize, I mean imitate. That's how many singers & composers learn how to make music, until such time as they have their own authentic voice.

As a person whos currently a student, the one thing I will ever willingly brag about is my ability to write a final essay in an hour and get an A on it.

However, the reason why is a bit embarrassing.

When it comes to creative writing, Ive always tended to imitate those that I look up to.

And that just so happened to be fanfiction writers from various fan bases Ive been a part of.

Aside from learning proper grammatical rules, I suggest finding stories to like and analyze them for what make *you* like them.

Is it a style? The imagery? Maybe a certain method of exaggerating writing rules! (Lemony Snicket is rather infamous for his style of writing that often would break grammatical rules)

The rules of writing are important- you shouldnt be placing semi colons around willy nilly- but the style of writing is just as important!

If you dont have style, you dont have flair.

Interesting subject. Im not a writer of fictional stuff, but try to write good articles sometimes for radio or magazines. In my humble opiniontwo things to get better are crucial: 1. Keep practicing. Its impossible to improve without making mistakes, trying it again and again, making it better, get skills etc. A musician has to practice daily (at least if he wants to archieve a certain level), same with a painter etc. So practicing could mean for example to describe an object in a satisfying way or write a defenition of something in your own words, or describe a feeling you have had, am memory etc. Dont use too may adjectives, often they are not necessary at all (and are more poignant when used carefully).
2. Read, read, read! Read what you like, but learn from the greats too!

1. Proper grammar.
2. Keep your sentences short and to the point.
3. Have a friend you trust read it and get feedback. By that I mean do they easily grasp what you're trying to say. Is every sentence understandable.
4. If writing does not come naturally, avoid the urge to add words as filler. You'll only get yourself bogged down and make the essay confusing.
5. Don't overthink it. Make notes beforehand on the theme and the points you are using to back it up. Stick to the outline when writing the essay.

You may also wish to consider your audience. Are there any reasonable assumptions you can make about them? This would affect whether you can use certain acronyms, technical terms, and technical jargon.

Interesting topic.

are there any simple ways to improve writing skills?3 weeks

Top tips on writing an essay. A lot of useful information and examples of the most varied essays: expository essay, argumentative essay, admission essay. customessaymeister

are there any simple ways to improve writing skills?3 weeks

Read a lot. Your eye and your mind's eye retain it all, so structure and grammar are better recognized.

When you are well read, you'll just know.

I'd say classics but choose your genre and read while you eat. Always read!

And read from paper. Sticks better.

are there any simple ways to improve writing skills?2 weeks

Like anything the best way to improve is practice and viable feedback.

When you read something typically you can feel the flow of what does and doesn't work if you come back to it fresh (reread after a week or two)

But also listen to the feedback others give. Don't be afraid to make mistakes, just attempt to do better the next time.

are there any simple ways to improve writing skills?1 week

Read everything you write out loud, if it doesn't feel right, fix it.