Lifestyle tips

Diabetes

I kind of wonder what you've been eating to gain the weight. I also wonder how quickly you gained the 50 lbs.

Hope it hasn't been exclusively through sweets. Straight sugar or drinking an entire liter of soda and all the HFCS isn't the best thing. I would probably actually suggest a lot less soda. Drink coffee for caffeine, and you can mix it with cream if you want.

I did find this thing on the Mayo Clinic web site. www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/prediabetes/symptoms-causes/syc-20355278

I can't help but wonder if you might be better off drink half and half, or eventually heavy cream before you go to sleep at night. It's calorie dense but digests slowly, and in some folks can make them drowsy so, best to do it before sleep for less effect on your daily life.

I do find it surprising you have this, at your age (if your profile is correct) and weight (170 doesn't seem that big).

There's probably someone else here who could give a much better answer to this than I could.
5 years

Diabetes

Rosycheeks:
Hi all!

I�ve been a lurker for a few years, my boyfriend actually got me into this fetish. I started at 120 and now am at 170. I am writing because I have started to get dark spots around my neck and after going to the doctor I have learned I have pre-diabetes.

I don�t know what to do. My boyfriend loves that I am gaining weight and I love it too but I also don�t want to become diabetic. He loves my new body, I�m scared to stop gaining weight.

Any tips on managing diabetes while also gaining weight would be a life saver. Thank you.

reality first, fantasy second
always

if you sacrifice your health for his happiness, he'll lose you anyway. Diabetes sucks a big bag of Ds.

Try losing a little, and yah, eat foods lower on the glycemic index. If you guys crave the spice, try rp in your love life. Just because your not 800 pounds doesn't mean you can't pretend like you are and him treat you like you are.

XD
5 years

Diabetes

becomingoverweight:
Well that's not good. It sounds like you've gained a lot of visceral fat. That's the kind of fat which makes your belly protrude. It also feels hard to the touch. If you have too much of it, you'll develop metabolic syndrome, which you have.

I would suggest you stop gaining for now until you reverse your metabolic syndrome. I know of a good diet for burning mainly visceral fat.

Here's some advice I've given before:

To lose primarily visceral fat, you could go on a hypo-caloric diet(eating less than your TDEE daily) and eat a significant amount of dairy and/or coconut butter/oil or you could add a significant amount of shea butter to your diet.

Here are some scientific studies you might find useful:

Weight-loss diet that includes consumption of medium-chain triacylglycerol oil leads to a greater rate of weight and fat mass loss than does olive oil

Medium chain fatty acids burn 3 times more visceral fat per subcutaneous fat area in the abdomen than olive oil does. Coconut butter/oil is a good source of medium chain fatty acids.

Weight-loss diet that includes consumption of medium-chain triacylglycerol oil leads to a greater rate of weight and fat mass loss than does olive oil

Calcium and Dairy Acceleration of Weight and Fat Loss during Energy Restriction in Obese Adults
Talks about how calcium and dairy products increase visceral fat loss.

Calcium and Dairy Acceleration of Weight and Fat Loss during Energy Restriction in Obese Adults

Shows isocaloric diets can redistribute fat from one fat deposit to another. The high carb diet increased visceral fat and decreased subcutaneous fat. The high fat diets of dairy or olive oil did the opposite. The dairy was more effective though at improving fat distribution.

Monounsaturated Fat-Rich Diet Prevents Central Body Fat Distribution and Decreases Postprandial Adiponectin Expression Induced by a Carbohydrate-Rich Diet in Insulin-Resistant Subjects

Stearic acid reduces visceral fat a lot. Shea butter contains large amounts of stearic acid. Cocoa butter does too but not as much(it also has a lot of Palmitic acid).

Dietary Stearic Acid Leads to a Reduction of Visceral Adipose Tissue in Athymic Nude Mice

I made a thread filled with loads of links to scientific studies on obesity and fat distribution:
Compendium of Fat Studies

I suggest you look at it if you want to learn more about fat and what it's doing to your body.

When you start gaining again, I recommend trying to only gain subcutaneous fat. It's pretty harmless even in large excesses. I can give you some advice regarding that if you want.

omfg this stuff is amazing. How is this not more widely know?! Incredible
5 years

Diabetes

Nok:
omfg this stuff is amazing. How is this not more widely know?! Incredible

becomingoverweight:
Which stuff in particular?

That the different fats u eat can change fat that is already stored, can change distribution and health. Fckin crazy stuff, seemed like scifi just a few years ago, at least to me
5 years

Diabetes

Aren't both types of diabetes curable with adult stem cell therapy now?
5 years