Lifestyle tips

Gallbladder removal and being plus size

Hello all, I think this is my first time posting here,

But I'm curious if theirs any people out there who have had there gall bladder out either due to having a child or just because theirs sort of crapped out.

My wife had hers out a few years back after she had our daughter and it has seemed to further intensify her weight gain, she knows I don't mind, we cleared the whole I'm and FA conversation when we where dating.

I guess the question goes to everyone if they've had there gall bladder out, does it make it hard to lose weight, or can you loose the weight and then gain back more?

I've just been doing research for hger and cnat seem to find a solid answer to give her, I think she's come to terms that she'll be plus sized the rest of her life, its more of a just needing to know thing.

Thanks to whoever replies,
5 years

I had mine taken out cause someone stabbed me seven times but i lost alot i used to be 290 now i am 277.4
5 years

I had my gallbladder out and I'm plus sized. I got gallstones. I gained a bunch of weight after I got it out, but that's because my insurance wouldn't cover its removal, so I had to eat a low fat diet so I wouldn't have gallbladder attacks. I was on it for years until I got insurance that covered its removal. After it was removed, I went back to just eating whatever and gained all the weight back and more. However, I find I do have diarrhea if I don't eat often enough (and if I don't eat enough often enough). It's a pain.

Any other questions, don't hesitate to drop me a private message. smiley
5 years

c4bl3fl4m3:
I had my gallbladder out and I'm plus sized. I got gallstones. I gained a bunch of weight after I got it out, but that's because my insurance wouldn't cover its removal, so I had to eat a low fat diet so I wouldn't have gallbladder attacks. I was on it for years until I got insurance that covered its removal. After it was removed, I went back to just eating whatever and gained all the weight back and more. However, I find I do have diarrhea if I don't eat often enough (and if I don't eat enough often enough). It's a pain.

Any other questions, don't hesitate to drop me a private message. smiley

Luckily that didn’t happen to my wife, she had hers out, but I think if she was given the choice she would have tried the alternatives, she initially didn’t gain the weight but as her eating habits went back to normal she did. Same issues with eating the wrong foods, heartburn, indigestion; etc. Do you find it hard to loose any weight if you try and from what I’ve seen in my wife what ever she does loose she gains back immediately plus extra?
5 years

[
lpark435:
Luckily that didn�t happen to my wife, she had hers out, but I think if she was given the choice she would have tried the alternatives, she initially didn�t gain the weight but as her eating habits went back to normal she did. Same issues with eating the wrong foods, heartburn, indigestion; etc. Do you find it hard to loose any weight if you try and from what I�ve seen in my wife what ever she does loose she gains back immediately plus extra?

I don't really have "wrong" or "right" foods... healthy foods cause it as much as unhealthy foods do. And I don't have heartburn problems anymore because when I got diagnosed with the gallstones, I also got diagnosed with GERD and they put me on omeprazole and I've had zero heartburn for years.

To be fair, I haven't tried to lose weight since then. I've never tried to intentionally lose weight in my entire life.
4 years