General

For those of you who became overweight as an adult, how did you adjust to your body's new size?

I've always had somewhat of a belly growing up. In my mid 30's my metabolism slowed down to the point where I could no longer eat what I wanted without becoming overweight. I was initially embarrassed but soon came to an acceptance of my new tendencies. Once I became self conscience, I decided to lose twenty pounds. It is coming back and I'm thinking of setting a 25 pound limit. If I gain anymore, I will cut back.
Have any of you experienced the same concern?
5 years

For those of you who became overweight as an adult, how did you adjust to your body's new size?

I think I’m still adjusting. I’m finding it hard to do different physical activities, Whether it be moving around an extended period where I realize I’m sweating about three times as hard as I normally used to, or where I realize i no longer fit between certain things I should (ie belly/butt hits things). I’ll usually convince myself I need to go on a diet or work out, because in my mind I should be a bit older when I really let myself get fat, it never makes it past a day. I’ve come to mostly accept that I’ll just keep getting fatter. As long as I stay mobile and can do the things I like, I probably won’t try too hard to keep my weight in check. A lot of people are getting fat, and I’m OK if I’m one of them.
5 years