Gaining

Side effects of heavy cream?

So I've finally started drinking heavy cream before bed and I'm determined to stick to it! I have about 1.5 cup heavy cream, 0.5 cup whole milk. (I'm also taking a couple lactaid pills so I'm not visiting the toilet)

I'm on day seven now and I'm noticing my nipples are rounder and super sensitive in the mornings and they don't really calm down till several hours. has anyone else had this?

I'm not complaining mind you, but I've never heard anyone mention it.
4 years

Can't say I've ever experienced that.

Some have mentioned a delayed weight gain effect.

Only real side effects I've noticed are slightly larger arms, thicker thighs and calves, a larger butt, and a slightly soft starter belly that didn't seem to be there before.

Another side effect is shortly after the cream, if I drink too much of it at one time, I might feel a little drowsy so it's best to do that before going to sleep, but it sounds like you're doing that anyway.

These are the only effects I've experienced lately that I think I can really attribute directly to cream.
4 years

About how long after till the gain starts to show? I know it's diffrent for everyone, just curious when I might see it.

And I definetly sleep better after drinking the cream. Tempted to just make drinking it a habit. Especially if it makes me pack on the pounds!
4 years

Emily22:
About how long after till the gain starts to show? I know it's diffrent for everyone, just curious when I might see it.

And I definetly sleep better after drinking the cream. Tempted to just make drinking it a habit. Especially if it makes me pack on the pounds!

Some folks mentioned a couple days, others have mentioned delayed gain effects a couple weeks later, but of course, YMMV. Think it depends on some other things, too. Either way, the calories need to go somewhere.

I assume the cream is in addition to your normal overeating, since the body still needs various nutrients and vitamins.

There's also a little something called "thermic effect" or basically the energy needed to digest and process the food. Fat is eventually/usually the most efficient, at about 3% if I recall correctly, and pretty much all the calories in cream is from fat, so drinking cream is basically drinking the weight on. It's the closest thing to a magic fat potion as you're going to get.

Still, don't think about thermic effect too much, just have fun with what you're eating and as long as you overeat enough, you'll gain.

Some have reported better results if eating something of your preference that's sweet either right before, during, or in the cream. For example, mixing a pint of cream with 2 packets of hot chocolate powder. Or having a late night dessert at about the same time or right before the cream.

I did briefly browse through some other posts you made. It can be hard to get used to the cream so if you think about having more, take it easy and only try a little more. Go back to the previous amount if you feel out of sorts, maybe try again later.
4 years

Woodsmanbelly:
I don't have a problem digesting the heavy cream, but am curious if the lactaid pills actually speed up the fat gaining process?

They definitely help you out waste any on the toilet, so in a way yes.
4 years

ILuvChubbyChicks is right, you will get better gain results with the cream if you either sweeten it, or eat something sweet with it.
4 years

fatchance:
ILuvChubbyChicks is right, you will get better gain results with the cream if you either sweeten it, or eat something sweet with it.

I'm drinking soda to wash it down, I also make sure to snack when I drink it.

It's day ten and things are definitely getting softer, no new weight yet but I feel like it's coming!
4 years

Yeah, I think softer comes first and then if you keep it up the gain gets steadier!

You might consider increasing the HC over time as you get used to it as well. Lots of us get to like it, even crave it!
4 years

becomingoverweight:
I'd just like to say that insulin isn't actually required to store dietary fat. Dietary fat alone can induce fat storage.
Effects of an oral and intravenous fat load on adipose tissue and forearm lipid metabolism

I think the important thing is that you have something to eat so that it binds better when it's digested.

So the insulin response caused by sugar wouldn't actually help the body store fat.
4 years

becomingoverweight

I am sharing my personal experience. adopt whatever theories you prefer.

Also, different people seem to have different experiences, you can always try a suggestion and discard it if it does not work.
4 years