Food and recipes

Help my feedee

Hi my online feedee is vegan (shame for me) and I'm trying to find cheap calorific meals for her she's struggling to gain please help us
4 years

Help my feedee

add some form of coconut cream to anything. coconut milk or cream in their breakfast, coconut cream is especially good to thicken smoothies, shakes and soups.

breaded, fried veggies are also good and relatively cheap. indian style food and latin style food can also be made super cheap since all you basically need are rice and beans (lentils for dahl [which you can also cook in coconut milk or vegan butter] and cumin spiced black or pinto beans)

something amazing that i discovered recently is that most of those refrigerated cans of biscuits and croissants are vegan. pillsbury, whatever the aldi brand is called, annie's and immaculate baking are all vegan friendly. although they might have that shared equipment factor that some people are strict abt...

anyway, you can stuff the croissants with vegan cheese + spinach, cover it in garlic vegan butter. pretty delicious. and you can punch the center out of the biscuits and fry them, then cover them in your favorite glaze for fresh vegan donuts. you can also make stuffable pockets with these, cinnamon rolls... the possibilities are endless.

ultimately, the meals i find to be cheapest are the ones rice and bean based. my favorite is white rice cooked with coconut milk and a little bit of salt and then vegan chicken broth simmered lentils with lots of vegan butter and curry powder. with the right seasonings and some added fat, you can make these two things into whatever you want.
4 years