Feedback and suggestions

New search feature on pics and videos

The pics and videos sections will now automatically remember your search when you leave the page.

This means that you can go to another website section, another website, or even close down the browser, and when you return your search will automatically be remembered. This is the way the stories searches have worked for some time.

It also means that if, for instance, you always search for female pics, you only have to do this search once and your search will automatically be remembered.

It's enabled us to clean up the website menu, because the links for pics -> female and pics -> male etc. are no longer necessary.
4 years

Just noticed this. I see in the pics section the men and women are mixed now. I guess i’ll just scroll to the women, as it didn’t seem to “remember” any search of mine in any way. Tech changes come with side effects, I guess.
4 years

Make sure you have cookies enabled in your browser for this to work.
4 years

I think this is a poor decision for the website in the long run, the addition of artwork and food is a good idea, but you should still have sub categories within them that way people can look at what they prefer.

With cookies enabled I see no difference.

I typically run with cookies disabled and also disable the google analytics handshake via my own browser, but I have tried others and there are no categories.
4 years

I never look up dudes but my pics are nothing but dudes now lol...
4 years

Will I be able to select certain search results or am I stuck with whatever the site thinks I'm supose to see ??
4 years

Growing bigger:
Will I be able to select certain search results or am I stuck with whatever the site thinks I'm supose to see ??

Yeah if you click on the Search button and then put in "female" as the gender and run a search for that, afterwards the search should lock in as female every time you look in the pics section afterwards.

It benefits mobile users in particular since it's only a single tap to open the pics section with their preferred search where on the old design they had to tap pics then the category they wanted.
4 years
attachment

Yeah this is an annoyance because I use incognito mode on my browser, which does not save cookies. I prefer the way it was before.
4 years

akula1369:
Yeah this is an annoyance because I use incognito mode on my browser, which does not save cookies. I prefer the way it was before.

The cookies on this website are not used for anything other than to make this website more usable for you. They're not used for advertising in any way or to pass your details onto any third party organisation. They're only used by this website.

However, the cookies do allow you to automatically login with out having to enter your username and password each time you visit. They also remember your searches for you, so you don't have to re-enter your search every time.
4 years

I’m aware of that, but I, like many people, use incognito mode on my browser which does not save cookies.
4 years
12   loading