Feedback and suggestions

Picture search downgraded

Regressive move, removing the ability to manually search by gender. Some people dont want cookies on their browers, turned on.
4 years

Yes I agree, and noticed the gender option was removed.
You can hit the search button and specify your results, but it was a lot quicker and handier the old way.
4 years

Squish:
So what I am seeing from people is that it is too hard to click the "search" function on the pics section and then click again the gender they want to see. Hmm, interesting.

It’s not hard, it’s just an extra step that seems unnecessary. I don’t want to be negative about earnest efforts to improve the website, but I think things were fine the way they were before, even on mobile.
4 years

Squish:
So what I am seeing from people is that it is too hard to click the "search" function on the pics section and then click again the gender they want to see. Hmm, interesting.

Slight hint at sarcasm there Squish, not really needed, especially from an admin.
I don't recall seeing anyone say it was too hard, just that the old way was better, that was all.
Are members not allowed to express an opinion without being belittled ?
The OP made a good point that some posters do not want cookies enabled in their browser, but you did not comment on that one.
I'm all for evolution of the website, this is my favourite place, so I applaud the people who run this for trying things out.
4 years

Squish:

fatsmagic:
Slight hint at sarcasm there Squish, not really needed, especially from an admin.

Dunno about that, I thought the sarcasm was pretty funny
4 years

Influx:
Makes sense to me. I figured it out even before the change was announced.

I think it's fair to call bs on people complaining about the smallest detail like it's a big issue.

It's not that it doesn't make sense, it's that it doesn't work with incognito mode. Some of us would prefer not to have a fetish website in our browser history, and the side-effect is that it doesn't store cookies which enable the convenience of this new search feature.

And the forum is called "feedback and suggestions," so I think it's perfectly fine to give feedback on an annoyance, even if it isn't a massive issue in the grand scheme of things.
4 years

Influx:
Makes sense to me. I figured it out even before the change was announced.

I think it's fair to call bs on people complaining about the smallest detail like it's a big issue.

akula1369:
It's not that it doesn't make sense, it's that it doesn't work with incognito mode. Some of us would prefer not to have a fetish website in our browser history, and the side-effect is that it doesn't store cookies which enable the convenience of this new search feature.

And the forum is called "feedback and suggestions," so I think it's perfectly fine to give feedback on an annoyance, even if it isn't a massive issue in the grand scheme of things.

THIS ^^^^

It seems that FF does not appreciate feedback.

@ Influx :
There is no essay you can write, that defends a persons opinion that the old way was better.
I like the old way better. The new way is fine too, I'm happy, but I am allowed to express my opinion that the old way was better.
There is no right or wrong, it's an opinion, which I (and others obviously) wish to express.
I don't have cookies enabled, so it doesn't save my choice, therefore it was easier and quicker for me to select my choice on a drop down menu. Now it takes more clicks and more time, and I have to do that every time I'm on here. I'm not lazy, it's fine, I'm happy, but the old way was better for me.
4 years

Nothing wrong with feedback. Feedback is valuable to gauge people's feelings towards changes or lack-thereof.
4 years

@Influx:

It’s not about hiding it from my parents or partner. In the event that someone else uses my laptop or I’m giving a presentation at work, I’d rather them not see “fastasyfeeder.com” autocomplete if they/I type “f” into the browser search window. I use incognito for all the other fetish stuff like curvage and feabie for the same reason. It’s way easier to just open up an incognito window every time than remembering to clear cookies and clear search histories periodically.

And besides, if the search preference was stored on each user’s profile instead of in cookies, we could avoid this whole thing.
4 years

This is a bad choice and move for the site. When a website decides how its viewers see it in their own home, we have a problem.

It's not the website's job to tell you how to view a site. If you want to use its incognito mode, no one should be able to stop you. It doesn't matter what the reason is, it's not the website's job to judge anyone for any reason.

The right to privacy is important and if you don't believe me. Ask all the women who've been stalked on FF by crazy people. They'll tell you the same thing.

You've undermined the community for the sake of "Oh look I can use this on my phone easier now"

This is a mistake.

Try typing Facebook and see if Fantasy feeder comes in first. It does for me, I am the only one who uses my computer but my situation isn't the same for everyone.

No website should destroy the right to privacy. FF, with this new change, you did that. This fetish is deeply personal to most of the people.

Protect your community better than this.
4 years
12   loading