Story authors

Ff authors - earning accounts

Hi all,

We are looking to recruit some more authors as part of the FF earners account. Premium stories are proving to be quite popular and would love to have some more of you on board.

FF earners account enables you to earn money from the content you upload. Write the stories as you normally would and mark the content as premium. If a member the upgrades to view your content you get a percentage from the upgrade.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

If you are interested, just go to the commissions page and get in touch fantasyfeeder.com/about/commission

Thanks
c00kie
(FF Team)
4 years

This link redirects to page not found. Has the earning scheme been scrapped?

No option to make my new story premium only either? A previous one is still listed as premium so I assume I have the right account?
3 years

Hi fattyteen999,

The scheme has not been scrapped. We just changed the application form so there is one for authors and one for web models... They have different links but you can see the links at the bottom of the site page.

There was some confusion with our earners about uploading premium content so we changed this some time ago now.

To upload a premium story, you just need to use the upload form in the 'My earners' account page. You can access the 'My earners' section by clicking on your avatar and then selecting the relevant content upload form.

Hope that helps.

FF Team
3 years

Thanks I found it literally after I typed this. My story is pending. Is there a typical ETA For approval?
3 years

Hi fattyteen999,

Approval time can vary, however I usually check this once a day usually in the mornings to approve premium content uploads the day before.

I may not get on the site over the weekends so for this reason we do say up to 48 hours max.

Thanks.

FF Team
3 years

Looking at fantasyfeeder.com/about/authors:

When a member clicks to view your content and then goes on to upgrade, you get 50% of the subscription payment

Each time a repeat payment is made, you get 20% commission, for up to 12 months or until the subscription is cancelled

"Go on to upgrade" here refers to getting a Fantasy upgrade, I assume, given that that's what the page linked to on clicking into a premium story as a non-upgraded user describes.

I have a few questions about this system:

If the reader wants to get a Combined upgrade, or gets a Fantasy upgrade via any method other than clicking into a story, would I be correct in saying that no author receives any payment?

What percentage of premium readers purchase Fantasy upgrades associated with a certain author vs. Fantasy/Combined upgrades associated with no author? i.e. what percentage of the premium readerbase can premium authors expect to be able to monetise?

Can a reader's Fantasy upgrade result in payments to multiple authors, or only one?

If the reader purchases a Fantasy upgrade via clicking into a premium story, and uses that Fantasy upgrade to read premium stories by multiple different authors, would I be correct in saying that only the author whose story was initially clicked into will ever receive any payment?

Are most of these upgrades concentrated in just a few popular stories, or do they tend to be spread out among a lot of stories?

If the reader purchases a Fantasy upgrade via clicking into a premium story, and the author of that story never releases another story (or alternatively, the reader consciously chooses not to read stories from that author), would I be correct in saying that regardless of this, that single author continues to receive 20% of that reader's ongoing Fantasy upgrade fee, and that the reader cannot choose to revoke that payment or transfer it to another author?
2 years

Hi marakinis, thanks for your questions. Please see below.

Q1. If the reader wants to get a Combined upgrade, or gets a Fantasy upgrade via any method other than clicking into a story, would I be correct in saying that no author receives any payment?

A1. Correct. The author will only receive the commission if an upgrade is completed by viewing the authors premium story.

Q2. What percentage of premium readers purchase Fantasy upgrades associated with a certain author vs. Fantasy/Combined upgrades associated with no author? i.e. what percentage of the premium readerbase can premium authors expect to be able to monetise?

A2. We don’t have the exact figures for this, but usually readers will purchase upgrades via a premium story rather than the upgrades page. What usually happens, is that a reader will see a particular author or story they want to read, which entices them to upgrade.

Q3. Can a reader's Fantasy upgrade result in payments to multiple authors, or only one?

A3. Only one author will receive commission from one current / active upgrade. This includes the initial 50% upgrade commission, and the 20% repeat subscription commission.

Q4. If the reader purchases a Fantasy upgrade via clicking into a premium story, and uses that Fantasy upgrade to read premium stories by multiple different authors, would I be correct in saying that only the author whose story was initially clicked into will ever receive any payment?

A4. Yes this is correct. The author whose story that was initially clicked for the upgrade will receive the commission and repeat subscription commission.

Q5. Are most of these upgrades concentrated in just a few popular stories, or do they tend to be spread out among a lot of stories?

A5. There are some authors that earn more than other authors. But this is primarily based on quality. We have had new authors join the earnings account scheme who have done well with only 1 or a few stories. So quantity is not always key here.

Q6. If the reader purchases a Fantasy upgrade via clicking into a premium story, and the author of that story never releases another story (or alternatively, the reader consciously chooses not to read stories from that author), would I be correct in saying that regardless of this, that single author continues to receive 20% of that reader's ongoing Fantasy upgrade fee, and that the reader cannot choose to revoke that payment or transfer it to another author?

A6. You can not revoke the commission authors have received or transfer it to another author. We introduced the 20% repeat subscription as an incentive for authors to update their, and upload new stories to keep subscribers interest.

I hope this helps, and if you have any further questions about earnings accounts, premium content or upgrades please get in touch.

c00kie
FF Team
2 years

Thank you for the response; this was informative.
2 years

I had a quick question about the time it takes to get accepted for an earnings account. How long does it usually take to get accepted?

I imagine it could take a couple of days, but I'm not sure my mail has gone through. I am in the process of testing a new privacy mail service and don't know if it just takes a few days or if my mail has not been received.
1 year

Hi SlverRaven,

If you have contacted us over the weekend period, Then it may take a little longer for us to get back to you, so don't worry I am sure there's nothing wrong.

I will be checking messages via the team inbox alter today, so if you have not had a response by then, there could potentially be an issue your end but do try reaching out again if this is the case!

Cheers!
c00kie
FF Team
1 year
12   loading