General

What are your thoughts on amazon wishlists?

I have a genuine question. What are your thoughts on Amazon wishlists? Especially when it comes to people on here adding wishlists to their profiles/forums or where ever they decide to put it. Like do you dislike it when someone has their wishlist displayed on their profile/anywhere? Do people use those? Do people sometimes purchase things on those? Like I'm curious because I've seen people with those and I wanna know if those work and what are people's thoughts.
4 years

I don't have one and don't plan on making one or using Amazon because my uncle works for Amazon and he's homophobic and transphobic
4 years

CarlyCCandy:
I don't have one and don't plan on making one or using Amazon because my uncle works for Amazon and he's homophobic and transphobic

That's fair.
4 years

BiggerIsAlwaysBetter:
Honestly I don't mind it. It's simply there if people wanna help out in feeding them or helping them gain. I know I've donated a couple of times to people I've liked in the past so it certainly works.

Also good to know. I've sometimes contemplated whether to make one. I've also thought of maybe gifting to some people (friends and stuff). I was curious because of heard of some people against them (not on here).
4 years

I think it's fine for you to have a wishlist on your profile.. I personally don't and it's not something I would consider doing.

As long as there is no expectation that FF members have to purchase wishlist items in able to interact with you.. and that you don't promote your wishlist on forums and chat you're golden. There's nothing worse than when you think you've clicked with someone only to find out they have been grooming you to buy things for them, and have no genuine desire to talk with you.
4 years

c00kie:
I think it's fine for you to have a wishlist on your profile.. I personally don't and it's not something I would consider doing.

As long as there is no expectation that FF members have to purchase wishlist items in able to interact with you.. and that you don't promote your wishlist on forums and chat you're golden. There's nothing worse than when you think you've clicked with someone only to find out they have been grooming you to buy things for them, and have no genuine desire to talk with you.

That's true and I totally agree with you
4 years

It's a little tacky and it's almost like begging. I'm not inclined to get something for anyone I have never met in person. Maybe if you've been a friend of mine for a long time, but I don't need a wish list for that. In that case I would likely already know what you want, or need.

That said, if you post only a link in your profile and nowhere else, *and* you don't ever ask folks to buy you stuff off of it, it's not too bad. It's there, someone might buy you something.. most likely not. Just don't be obnoxious.

I'm also not particularly thrilled about Amazon in particular, and I try to avoid using it but I digress and I don't wish to derail this thread off of the topic at hand; whether you should post a link to an Amazon wish list in your profile description. This opinion I have expressed would actually apply to any online wish list feature, Amazon or otherwise.
4 years

ILuvChubbyChix:
It's a little tacky and it's almost like begging. I'm not inclined to get something for anyone I have never met in person. Maybe if you've been a friend of mine for a long time, but I don't need a wish list for that. In that case I would likely already know what you want, or need.

That said, if you post only a link in your profile and nowhere else, *and* you don't ever ask folks to buy you stuff off of it, it's not too bad. It's there, someone might buy you something.. most likely not. Just don't be obnoxious.

I'm also not particularly thrilled about Amazon in particular, and I try to avoid using it but I digress and I don't wish to derail this thread off of the topic at hand; whether you should post a link to an Amazon wish list in your profile description. This opinion I have expressed would actually apply to any online wish list feature, Amazon or otherwise.

That's totally understandable and I very much agree that it can very much be begging.
4 years

AryaSnow:
it doesnt bother me if ppl arent pushy about it

I agree smiley
4 years

No one has ever bought me anything on mine so they are kinda useless.
4 years
12   loading