Fat experiences

What it’s like to go to the beach/pool with a fat belly?

Personally I wear a mixture of bikini's, tankinis and swimsuits.. Some swimsuits can actually be quite revealing and sexy, so its not always the frumpy looking option.

Ultimately it depends on what the person is comfortable with, but I'm all for people expressing themselves if they feel sexy... wear something sexy. You shouldn't hide yourself because of others opinions, do what makes you happy.

You are always going to get a few looks and stares, some of admiration and flattery, some of disgust and annoyance that your body confident even though you defy the norm.

Rock your curves... it's really not as scary as you might think.
4 years

fxxf:
Do you show off your belly or it in a one piece? Also what do people say/think of you when they see your belly. Plus dose it feel weird/different wading and swimming with a massive tummy?

You'll find at most beaches and pools a big variety of bodies, once you look beyond your age group. Mostly just enjoying themselves like anyone else.

I've found that whenever I've gained, swimming feels odd at first. I think it is from floating higher in the water because of more fat, so it takes a little bit to adjust the mechanics of the strokes.
4 years

9/10 there's going to be women far larger than you there. So just let it hang.

Nothing better than seeing a BBW at the pool with an ice cream or snack in hand. Internally, every skinny little thing watching their bikini figure sees that ice cream and wants one.
4 years

fxxf:
... Also what do people say/think of you when they see your belly. ...

I'll admit I don't go to such places, but perhaps I can offer some insight.

I remember one time, back when I was a teenager, this friend of a friend, I saw her wearing shorts and a top that showed off her midriff. She was also plump and overweight. My father in confidence said he thought she didn't have the body for it, but he would never say so in public.

Of course, I thought she did, and I thought she was pretty cute, but I'm an FA who wants you to overeat, so of course I'm gonna say that. Sadly, back then I didn't yet want to admit to myself that I love heavier women who can really eat. Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like if I asked her out on a date, maybe eat lots of pizza. Last I heard, she got married after college. Lucky man. He gets to enjoy her every day and watch her swell up from pregnancy, marriage weight gain, and eventually, the middle age spread will kick in.

I should also mention this was around a couple of decades ago. The U.S. has become considerably heavier and thicker since then. It's actually getting to the point that you'll stick out if you're really thin.

You would have to be very heavy to really stick out, nowadays.

I suppose some folks may privately be disgusted, but I get the impression this is less and less relevant, as America gets fatter every year. In fact, if current trends continue, the U.S. will reach majority obesity (BMI 30+) in '30 and continue to rise.
4 years

Everybody's at a different phase of body acceptance. When I first got married my wife would see women at the pool with their guts hanging out: "Really? Good God, Some women need to know when you're not bikini material any more, sweetie."

Then she gained and switched to wearing one-pieces for a few years.

She gained more and now she's that woman with the bikini, massive jugs and gut hanging out. Smiling and not giving a f**k.
4 years