Clothes padding

Fat suits for treating anorexia

anorexia affects both men and woman but mostly woman so thats what I will focus on this post.
if a woman is terrified of getting fat or being a normal weight.
Have her pretend to be that weight for a day or so and see its not so bad.
Wearing a fat suit or just some padding might be a good way to over come the fear of being a little bigger.
After words say "You were bigger for a day and the world did not end"

I think thats why celebrities have gone under cover wearing fat suits.
To play on the fear of getting fat most women have.

Note I have found this a lot in research that having anorexia often causes a great deal of rebound weight gain.
Also often it is not permanent as many eventually lose some of the weight and make it to a healthy weight naturally.

Example
Brittany Burgunder
www.thesun.co.uk/living/1255335/from-anorexic-to-obese-to-healthy-incredible-photos-chart-womans-extreme-weight-fluctuation/

an other one
Megan Jayne Crabbe.

Treatment
show the anorexic the fat suit or pads on a manikin
she might say something like thats not to bad
the let her try it on
she will think omg im huge
but the point of this is to show the woman how distorted her mind is.
It looks the same on You as the manikin

if You were to try this with obese fat suit I think it would traumatize the women
a lot of anorexics would rather be dead than fat.

there are some challenges going around for anorexics in recovery.
let some one pick what You eat for a day (family friends)
the 10 k cal challenge.
maybe it could be suggested to do a fat suit challenge.

Pleas note as of the posting of this I have not bin able to find anything on this subject on the Internet.
if You do find anything pleas share.
4 years

jonathan856:
anorexia affects both men and woman but mostly woman so thats what I will focus on this post.
if a woman is terrified of getting fat or being a normal weight.
Have her pretend to be that weight for a day or so and see its not so bad.
Wearing a fat suit or just some padding might be a good way to over come the fear of being a little bigger.
After words say "You were bigger for a day and the world did not end"

I think thats why celebrities have gone under cover wearing fat suits.
To play on the fear of getting fat most women have.

Note I have found this a lot in research that having anorexia often causes a great deal of rebound weight gain.
Also often it is not permanent as many eventually lose some of the weight and make it to a healthy weight naturally.

Example
Brittany Burgunder
www.thesun.co.uk/living/1255335/from-anorexic-to-obese-to-healthy-incredible-photos-chart-womans-extreme-weight-fluctuation/

an other one
Megan Jayne Crabbe.

Treatment
show the anorexic the fat suit or pads on a manikin
she might say something like thats not to bad
the let her try it on
she will think omg im huge
but the point of this is to show the woman how distorted her mind is.
It looks the same on You as the manikin

if You were to try this with obese fat suit I think it would traumatize the women
a lot of anorexics would rather be dead than fat.

there are some challenges going around for anorexics in recovery.
let some one pick what You eat for a day (family friends)
the 10 k cal challenge.
maybe it could be suggested to do a fat suit challenge.

Pleas note as of the posting of this I have not bin able to find anything on this subject on the Internet.
if You do find anything pleas share.

As somebody who has had a variety of eating disorders, including anorexia, I think this would just function as a sort of "reverse thinspo" situation and would not help.
4 years

As somebody who has had a variety of eating disorders, including anorexia, I think this would just function as a sort of "reverse thinspo" situation and would not help.

Seconded. This is not a good idea at all, and eating disorders are far more complicated than just "fear of being fat".
4 years

Sophbabe01:
Interesting theory, but as someone with anorexia, and being part of a massive support network of others with eating disorders, that wouldn't do anything helpful. It's rarely simply about fear of being fat, and anyway, if I had to wear a fat suit for a day, I'd break down and it'd probably send me into the worst relapse/sickness streak yet. Because it would be "that bad". And if it were actually me, that would represent a lack of control and order, and it would mean that, in order to reach a state of fatness, I would have undergone months of going against every coping mechanism I have, everything that allows my world to have stability. So being fat would be "that bad" from my perspective, not because of being large, but because of everything it would have entailed and would continue to entail.

I couldn't have said this better myself. I couldn't ever imagine wearing a fat suit for ten minutes, let alone a full day.
4 years

As someone who dealt with anorexia and binge eating for a long time, this is the dumbest idea I've ever heard.
4 years