Feedback and suggestions

Punctuation in stories.

There seems to be a problem with ' in stories appearing as ?TMeuro or something similar.
It's making all new additions unreadable.
4 years

Punctuation in stories.

PrincessBlurmy:
There seems to be a problem with ' in stories appearing as ?TMeuro or something similar.
It's making all new additions unreadable.

This problem has been around for quite a while but has seemingly gotten worse.

I think it may depend on how and what device the story may be typed on. Also, I noticed that writing the story on a note system or Word then copying and pasting it in here sometimes produces this problem.
4 years

Punctuation in stories.

I write on word online, it seems that the problem is intermittent though as I remember last year there was a period that I couldn't post anything because it was just a mess.
I noticed in my last post it didn't like when I used é.
4 years

Punctuation in stories.

I've noticed it too. Makes reading a little irritating, but also country might have some influence as well as not every key stroke always translates well.
4 years

Punctuation in stories.

This glitch has been preventing me from uploading new chapters... I have tried uploading through different browsers and devices (PC/Phone) and still the same result. Quotations make sentences appear like this:
�euroThe quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog�euro
4 years

Punctuation in stories.

I've been trying different methods too, and haven't found a way to post without this problem with quotations and other punctuation.

Anyone NOT having this problem? Would love suggestions, otherwise posting stories isn't really feasible.
4 years

Punctuation in stories.

Hi guys,

Unfortunately this bug has been around for a little while. It effects punctuation characters on the keyboard. I'm not aware of the particulars... although I believe it's something to do with characters used in different languages and different keyboard types.

We are aware and looking to get this fixed. It is super annoying and completely appreciate where you guys are coming from. We want you to be able to enjoy reading stories and forum posts on the site.

Will keep you updated.

Thanks!

c00kie
FF Team
4 years

Punctuation in stories.

Hi guys,

So we are working on changing the character encoding, which will fix this issue.

FF is currently encoded in Latin 1, because of this, it does not recognise certain keyboard characters and returns with an error in the text.

We are currently in the process of converting to Unicode which will stop this error, and fix the text across the site for existing posts and stories, and anything new that is uploaded.

Please bear with us while we make the changes, and will give you an update again soon!

Thanks,

c00kie
FF Team
4 years

Punctuation in stories.

I just posted my first chapter, and I experienced this issue with the:
-apostrophe (&apossmiley, and
-quotation marks ("smiley

I tried it from a straight text file, from Google docs... I am not sure what format could be proper outside of those???

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
4 years

Punctuation in stories.

Argh!
The issue is with:

1. apostrophe '
2. quotation "
4 years
12   loading