Gaining

Bailey's irish cream? anyone here tried it straight?

I wonder if it tastes good? I'm not posting this in the recipes board because I'm asking about drinking it straight, not mixed with anything.

Obviously, from a strictly calories per dollar point of view, it's not that great. But honestly, who's only going to eat food that offers the most economy in that regard? It's not very fun.

And like most folks, I do drink. It's classed as a "liquer" (below 80 proof, it's 17%/34 proof) so it doesn't seem like it would be too bad in that regard, but then again I can drink an "inch" of a 5th of straight bourbon pretty easily.

It's also supposed to be slightly sweet, but I'd like to hear from folks who have tried it. The entire bottle would be 25.4 fl. oz./750ml (a 5th) and about 2,450 calories.

Guess I hope it tastes like liquid sin but I have no idea. I guess I was inspired by another user here who has been putting on weight and at a certain point, she was drinking "boozy milkshakes" and seemed to be having so much fun.
4 years

I have had it, my wife loves it too. My son or I usually buy her a bottle during the holidays.
4 years

I like it, it's one of my favourites.
4 years

I've had it a few times, just a small glass with ice and Bailey's. It's quite good and really sweet.

If I remember well, that's how my Irish friends told me it was supposed to be drank.
4 years

Bailey's on ice is nice. Try the chocolate cherry Bailey's 😉
4 years