Story authors

New story: 6 steps to heaven

I wrote my first story in years (title above) and would love some feedback if anyone's interested in viewing it on my profile. Cheers.
4 years

My last story got 13k views so hope this is up to standard.
4 years

simondrake35:
I wrote my first story in years (title above) and would love some feedback if anyone's interested in viewing it on my profile. Cheers.

I have tried to read 6 steps to heaven, but found it a difficult read.
1: There are no paragraphs throughout. You need to break each chapter down into smaller sections.
2: If you are going to include speech in your story, you need to learn how to punctuate it properly and not stick / marks in all over the place.
3: Your spelling is good
4: The plot of your story is good, you just need to make some changes to make it better.

You wanted feedback. My aim is to give a practical criticism so that you may improve in the future.
4 years

simondrake35:

Aquarius64:
I have tried to read 6 steps to heaven, but found it a difficult read.
1: There are no paragraphs throughout. You need to break each chapter down into smaller sections.
2: If you are going to include speech in your story, you need to learn how to punctuate it properly and not stick / marks in all over the place.
3: Your spelling is good
4: The plot of your story is good, you just need to make some changes to make it better.

You wanted feedback. My aim is to give a practical criticism so that you may improve in the future.

Many thanks for that Aquarius!

1. Apologies, I uploaded it quickly and didn't think. I will go back and edit it to resolve this.
2. The / were for thoughts, not speech. I thought this was clear with me using ' for the female's speech and " for the male's speech.
3. Appreciate that, I double checked it to make sure it was as legible as possible in that sense.
4. Cheers, I'm glad you liked it overall. Looking to be more active and write more in the near future. Your feedback is of much help.
4 years