Gaining

Calorie allowance by weight

images.app.goo.gl/pck1A529CGcsoaLz9

The amount of calories needed to maintain weight according to this chart....

I eat over 3000 a day and weigh 130
with nearly sedentary lifestyle, my calorie counting app sees me at almost 150 in 5 weeks.
i’m consuming way over my “allowance” every day and what’s crazy is how used to it i am, 3000 + feels like i what i need, i couldn't imagine not eating all that each day. my belly is too spoiled now even if i felt like losing weight, it would be such a fight with my appetite that i’d just give in and end up even heavier.
4 years

Hmmm something must be off. Are you tracking your calories accurately? If you're sedentary and truly eating 3k a day and not seeing gains, you might have some kind of digestive issue. Sometimes delayed gains do happen, but mainly for new gainers because the body adjusts to the increased calories by revving up the metabolism (basically tries to burn off the excess calories in an attempt to stay at the initial weight)

Sometimes changing the types of foods you eat helps
4 years

There's no way you can go by a chart like that because it's not accounting for height or age. 150lbs means absolutely nothing since it could be on someone who's 4'11" (would be obese) or someone who is 6'7" (would be critically anorexic).

You need to use an actual TDEE calculator:
tdeecalculator.net
4 years

van:
Hmmm something must be off. Are you tracking your calories accurately? If you're sedentary and truly eating 3k a day and not seeing gains, you might have some kind of digestive issue. Sometimes delayed gains do happen, but mainly for new gainers because the body adjusts to the increased calories by revving up the metabolism (basically tries to burn off the excess calories in an attempt to stay at the initial weight)

Sometimes changing the types of foods you eat helps

i don’t think i ever said i wasn’t seeing gains.

i started tracking my calories about 20 days ago (started at 125/126 ish)
first week i was eating about 2300 calories every day, then after that point i began eating easily over 3000 calories daily. I’m counting accurately.

(keep in mind about 800 of these after the first week is from heavy cream drinks)

I’m currently 130, so i’ve seen a gain of about 4-5 pounds in this space of time.

I have not always eaten 3000 cals worth daily, it’s something i’ve picked up by being mindful of my goals and counting my calories and now more out of habit/appetite.
4 years