Gaining

I have an internal conflict...

I have so many things others don't have (job, family, housing, heating). And people richer than me have even more things that I don't have. I'm not worried about it.
15 years

Phreak wrote:
…Which I have been mulling over time and time again. I decided to finally come out of the closet with it and I hope I don’t get bashed to hard by everyone on the site.

Let me first say that I m a female FA, I do not want to gain myself; I just like to see it happen to other women [sorry guys], but I’m not a lesbian. I am usually a lurker on this site and never speak up because, well, only guys want to talk to me. I love the site’s picture and stories, and the few good people that don’t hate me for some strange reason.

But here is my problem, and I’m sorry if I start a war about it on here, or if it’s already been covered:

Don’t some of you feel bad about over eating and getting totally obese? I mean, there are people starving out there in third world countries and Africa or whatever, saying how people are dying of starvation.

I just find it a little weird that sometimes I get off on finding people with big bellies, feeding themselves until they are totally stuffed… but some days I feel like maybe what I have a fetish for is wrong. :[

Does anyone else know where I’m coming from? Anyone else feel this way? Is there a way I can stop feeling bad about the starving people but still enjoy seeing people over feed themselves? Like I said, it’s an internal conflict with myself, and I wonder if anyone else feels the same way and their thoughts or reassuring words.

I know I can’t end world hunger, but feeling bad about people starving and getting turned on by people stuffing themselves is now confusing me to the extreme…

[Again, sorry if I rubbed someone the wrong way. I didn’t mean to.]

I felt like that, once. But as herb notes:

herb wrote:
Do you think the food or money would go to third world countries otherwise?

Precisely, it won't. I'll tell you where the remaining food goes that's not being gobbled up by gluttons- in the bin. It's food-shelf life, quality control, food freshness rules and safety regulations... at least if someone's stuffing themselves with it, it's being put to some use. It won't go to those poor, starving people regardless, and there's little we can do about it. =|

McDonalds used to throw out all their pre-made burgers after about 5-10 minutes, how's that waste for ya? =( And it's "nope, sorry, we can't give these most likely still good and fresh burgers to the poor, health regulation standards, into the bin they go". At least they only make them now when you order, which circumvents that red-tape rubbish (at least, here in Australia they do). =)

Also, some upper class restaurants throw any minorly messed up meals into the bin so their customers won't complain that their high priced cuisine isn't 100% perfect. The food's still good, fresh, and edible, and some poor, starving person would love to have it... but there's a problem with it, like how it doesn't look right, which is even more obscene. >=o

So, try not to worry about people overeating and stuffing themselves... they're only eating a share of food that will go to no-one but the rats in the garbage dump.
15 years

Come to think of it, if all fatties start eating less, that would cause a drop in the price of food. And who would be hurt by that? The small unsubsidized African farmer. So keep eating.
15 years

Phreak wrote:As for mostly what Mintie said, that can pretty much put my mind at ease, at least for now. I kinda forgot how fast food places and resraunts just throw their stuff away effortlessly. [I use to work in a catering place, there WOULD always be extra food that we would take some home; the rest we'd dump]

And thank you for no one really bashing my curiousity. Just as of late this was bothing me, and when I visit this site, where I usually come to enjoy myself, it's been bugging me in the back of my head.

I'm glad I could be of help. =) Cute puppy too.
15 years