General

Fox's more to love

im glad the women are bigger, but the making them tell their height and weight is kinda lame.
i wish they were more comfy with it, and proud of it. then again they might be on that show if they had some confidence.

im kinda disappointed in that show, and wont watch more of it.i didnt have high hope to start with, so im not crushed.
14 years

Fox's more to love

OK, so I saw this show and I have to say that I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand I appreciate that this subject is being broached to the public, but on the other I can't help but feel that it is being broached in the format of this show more for "shock value" more than awareness of the subject.

As mentioned previously by others here, it also bothers me that this show even has to exist. Why not have plus sized women on the other dating shows? Simply put, because size prejudice is accepted in this country. They would never even dare telivise a show called Once you Go Black You Never Go Back with only African-American contestants and yet that would be equal to what they have done with this show.

And the ladies, while all very gorgeous in my opinion, all seemed to be suffering from self-esteem issues. Few of them gave the impression that they were confident with their bodies and their looks. While some might argue that this may be "realistic" and represent plus sized women in general, I could not help but feel that it was amplified on the show as if the women were told "Look, this is your last chance to find a guy....if he does not choose you then you may as well give up because you are not worthy" before they went on the air.

Finally, there is Luke. While he seems like an OK guy, he came off a bit pompus to me. I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now and say that maybe it was just that he was so overjoyed to be surrounded by those lovely women, but he sort of seemed to be treating the women like meat to me, not so much asking them for kisses as telling them to kiss him....he almost sounded like he was playing the part of a pimp.

But I digress, I will just see how it plays out. I just hope those ladies are not put through too much trauma.
14 years

Fox's more to love

ya it was disapointing, so much crying it was rather pathetic.
im sort of repeating what others said but those were some very attractive women.
how the hell could that many attractive women never have dates before? there are lots of FAs in the world even none FAs sometimes date big women. i also dont tthink any of the women were that big, chubby at the most. most of it seemed like lies and bullshit. i think this will end up damaging the fat community more than it will help it
14 years

Fox's more to love

plenty wrote
Okay, so those who are watching this.... has anyone noticed that Luke is really kind of creepy??!!

I do not know about creepy so much as he seems very full of himself.
14 years

Fox's more to love

its another stupid reality show butt hey all the women are beautiful so i will continue to watch itsmiley
14 years

Fox's more to love

I didn't - and probably won't - watch this week's show or any of the rest of them. This show propagates Hollywood's double-standard about people's appearance.

"More To Love" trivia question #1: Who's the heaviest person on the show? (the guy, of course, at 330 pounds).

"More To Love" trivia question #2: By body mass index, who's the fattest person on the show? (again, it's the guy, with a BMI over 41).

"More To Love" trivia question #3: What happened to the heaviest and fattest woman on the show (she was eliminated on the first episode - she's 5'10", 279 pounds, which is a BMI just under 40 - most of the rest of them have BMIs of 35 or under - a couple of them even have BMIs under 30).

On that first episode, the women were all wearing dresses that accentuated their weight, including a lot of bare arms and cleavage (anybody else notice that almost all of them are quite busty, even for larger women?). They were mostly wearing stiletto heels, which I'm guessing most of them don't wear often, making them look clumsy and bulky when they moved around.

The guy, on the other hand, wore a loose-fitting suit that didn't accentuate his weight at all.

I also noticed that they didn't show exit interviews of two of the five women that were tossed at the end of that first episode. They probably didn't cry during the interview.
14 years