Lifestyle tips

Makeup: what works for you ? what didn't ?

Dankii_DoLL wrote
Ooooh make up.... here I goooo lol
I use mac studio fix compact always
I also use their liquid foundation applying it with the 187 brush
if u stipple it on it looks amazing

Products I don't like
Ulta eyeshadows
Nyx eyeshadows(too chalky)
A lot of drugstore brands just don't do it for me either

I like to take shimmer time pigment and apply it to the tops of my cheeks and middle of my nose too it looks really cute and frosty kinda perfect for winter

I could go on foreverrrr
Its an obsession lol

I kinda had the same issue with NYX eyeshadows in the pallets, the trios. They are VERY chalky.i have learned to use the singles, still kinda meh.

I bought some liquid eyeliner from NYX too... and it flakes off... smiley sad day.
14 years

lol! you should totally do reviews on here! for all your things... seriously, i want to hear what you think about the items you bought/received.
14 years

Frabjuous wrote
OK, I don't buy really expensive makeup cause I'm a cheapskate, haha. But here's what I have. It's not super fabulous, but it works for me.

Foundation Primer - Rimmel London Fix & Perfect. Mostly I use it as eye shadow primer, cause I use A LOT of really heavy eye shadow.

Foundation - ULTA Fabulous Face. It's really nice and sheer, which is good cause I don't like the feel of too much foundation. I don't use it very often though, it's too much effort smiley

- I also use Neutrogena Skin Clearing oil-free concealer for pimples

Eye Liner - Rimmel London jet black. It's fairly cheep and goes on nice and smooth, dark, thick, and heavy smiley

Mascara - Great Lash. It's not super fantastic but it's smooth and subtle and not clumpy, haha.

Eye Shadow - my favorite colors are my Bobbi Brown Navy 9, ULTA Wild Heart (light reddish purple), Bloody Mary's Goth Red (LOL), and Rimmel London Smoky Noir color palette. They all go on pretty smoth, especially the first one

- For highlights I use Prestige Angel, and for eyebrows I mix ULTA Milk Chocolate and Silk

Blush - Cover Girl, I think the color is Deep Plm?? IDK, it's not great really, I just got it cause it matches the color my skin turns when I pinch it, haha. Also it has a nice shimmer

Lips - I kind of lost it, but I had a really nice color lip gloss that was from Carmindy from What Not To Wear. It looked really pretty and shiny (but not too slutty-shiny) but it kind of tasted gross. Usually I just use Burt's Bees pomegranate flavor lip balm

That's all smiley

I thought your avatar was some doll.
You have a beautiful face... really jealous of you.
14 years

I'm not a big fan of makeup, but I am an AVON representative in my area, always looking for new customers...

I hope by saying that I didn't break any rules...

let me know if u want to buy some;I'm a broke college kid after all...

I hope I didn't get in trouble by saying that either...
14 years

Carolina_Dee wrote
pyrametalgirl wrote
I'm not a big fan of makeup, but I am an AVON representative in my area, always looking for new customers...

I hope by saying that I didn't break any rules...

let me know if u want to buy some;I'm a broke college kid after all...

I hope I didn't get in trouble by saying that either...
If people you know in your area order online they can give you as their dealer and you get a commission on the sale. I used to be a door to door Avon Lady when I was in college it was fun. I was in the 33% commission range most campaigns doing it part time.

I'm doing WAY less than that...like 20% and I don't really have a lot of customers right now that order online.I'm hanging in there though...
Now only if i can get people to order online lots more often...
14 years

pineapple wrote
In one week from now, I'm finally giving in and visiting the Sephora in my city.

I just finished buying some old MAC favorites, studio fix, eyeshadow in "freshwater", some lashes, and I'm going to wait until next weekend before I splurge on makeup wonderfulness, eeee, I'm so excited!

Suggestions anyone?? I am probably going to vibrate with excitement and squeal like a little girl when I get there!!!

<3
I second the camera idea.
14 years

soooo.... did anyone else take advantage of the dollar sale on NYX?
14 years

WEWT!
Guess who ordered some Sugarpill!
I did! I did!
smiley
I am so excited... I am waiting until Wednesday and I think I will cry.

I also wanted to say heavymetalgirl;s Avon store is awesome... she doesn't spam me, and it comes super fast.
13 years

I personally don't wear make up much (nothing against it just can't be assed mostly.

But I do use distilled witch hazel on my skin. It's a good make up remover and skin cleanser. It's normally no more than a couple of quid for a bottle from a pharmacy.

It's quite strong so don't use it too often or it will dry up your skin but it's brilliant for like a weekly cleanse to help keep your skin clear and pimple free smiley
12 years

SaintKitt wrote:
I have combination skin, Its horrible.

For a long time I was committed to Mac make-up. But as far as cover up its heavy and didnt do anything for my skin . A few months ago I switched to Bare Minerals, and it is amazing! I was really skeptical at first, But the coverage is great and it really helped my skin! Also, Wearing mac was heavy as hell, Bare minerals feels like wearing nothing at all!

I agree so hard here !
Mac is amazing for rich colour pigment in eyeshadows and stuff but their foundations are wayyy too heavy for my oily skin !!
I use this dermalogica treatment foundation that has a bit of a green tint to it to combat redness
works like a charm !
pretty expensive though
12 years
123   loading