Lifestyle tips

Medications that cause weight gain

I have read of other antihistamnes or medications, like periactin having weight gain as well because of apetite stimulation.

Anyone ever take this one or any other with significant weight gain?
14 years

WindDancer wrote
It's crazy what birth control does to your body! It made me beautiful smiley haha

lol sounds like a good advertising slogan smiley
13 years

DrFeedWell wrote:
gettingfatterandfatter wrote:
nothing works better than birth control for a little bit of extra somethin somethin! smiley
but i find anti-depressants are best

Depo provera made an ex gf of mine ballon. She put on over 350 pounds in a few of years. Apparently it fools your body into thinking its pregnant already and put some women, in particular fatter ones into a mode where their body starts needing to eat for two and then stores the fat from all of the over eating. It's a wonderful thing!!

Wow! That's unreal!
11 years

Helper wrote
Aradia wrote
dragonflye wrote
what is it called i was on 1 for my adhd and i went from 120 to 160 over a summer and then they pulled me off it

Ummmm... Considering the fact that pretty much all of the neuropharmacological drugs that exist are stimulants in the amphetamine category, I HIGHLY doubt that an adhd med could cause weight gain.

There are a variety of neuropharm drugs that aren't amphetamines. Are you specifically referring to those used to treat ADHD?

dragonflye:
i dont rember the name of it but it increased my Appetite so much it was like i was never full

Dragonflye is more than likely talking about olanzipine
2 years