General

What book(s) are you reading right now?

ffagothic wrote:
Right now I'm mainly reading The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand. It's super long lol. I'm going into architecture so I thought it would be good to pick it up again. smiley last time was in high school and I had to turn it in half done because school was ending and I didn't get the chance to check it out from the city library. Now I own it ^.^

Don't bother. It was bad, long, boring and self-righteous when published in 1957 and hasn't improved in 54 years. And it certainly won't help you in architecture (though it may help you understand just how deluded libertarians are).
12 years

Halo Glasslands by Karen Traviss just started it, seems ok. The most recent one I finshed was Halo cryptum by Greg Bear didn't mind it, but I'm not a Bear fan.
12 years

I'm currently reading 'the gruffalo' hehe smiley
Well at school I read it to my class today smiley
12 years

palndrm wrote:
Next up is "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins.

I am reading this just now. It's great.
12 years

The Eustace Diamonds (at work) and Phineas Redux (in bed) by Trollope, and Crazy Sh*t Old People Say by Geoff Tibbals, which was a friend's idea of a thoughtful Xmas present smiley
12 years

Miss Thunder wrote:
Carolina_Dee wrote:
I just finished "Wait for Me" The last biography of Deborah Mitford, Dowager Duchess of Devonshire, I enjoyed it too.

Ooo have you read " The Mitfords: Letters Between Six Sisters" Its a compilation of all the letters between the Mitford sisters its a really engaging read and as its broken up in to the individual letters between the sisters its a nice book to dip in to inbetween reading other things

Ooh, I note your graph! (as the Mitford sisters would say). I loved that book - taught me a lot about the social mores and politics of the time too.

I just finished "A Visit From The Goon Squad" by Jennifer Egan - & highly recommend. The characters' lives are all entwined but she's put it together so deftly that you almost don't notice the beautiful architecture of the book. And it skips along so quickly. Oh and it's quite... hip? Sorta?
12 years

yorkshirecream wrote:
Sparkle - I assume then that you watched 'The Gruffalo's Child' at Christmas? Made the tears well up in me - so cute!

I watched both of them over Xmas.... I love them so much... Me and my deputy at school have made gruffalo puppets and have been 'acting' out the story at school haha!
12 years

Finally started reading Alcatraz vs. The Evil Librarians by Brandon Sanderson. So far it's a great book.
12 years

Currently reading crusade in Europe by Dwight d Eisenhower
8 years

Currently rereading Daylight War by Peter V. Brett since I found a copy of Skull Throne but felt I needed a refresher on the series first.
8 years
2345   loading