General

Favorite bands :)

Muse are my all time favourites, and I have others that seem to change all the time, at the moment are:

Reel Big Fish
Arctic Monkeys
Ocean Colour Scene
Jimi Hendrix
Foo Fighters
Hollywood Undead
Bloodhound Gang
Rush
Kiss
Maximo Park
Big Pink
Tenacious D
The Beatles
Weezer
ACDC
Spoon
Two Door Cinema Club
12 years

My favorite bands are Linkin Park, As I Lay Dying, Killswitch Engage, Bullet for My Valentine, Anberlin, etc.
12 years

I like a few genres, so I will just list my faves of that genre

Cla$$ic rock: AC/DC, Led Zepplin
Modern (pop) rock: Gyroscope, Two Door Cinema Club, Maroon 5
Techno: Pendulum, Da Hool, Paul Van Dyk, Danny Byrd

(edited due to the censorship of the word 'cl***ic'smiley
12 years

mistywilmot wrote:
FRANK TURNER smiley

His solo stuff is pretty good... but Million Dead was amazing! All of us Million Dead fans are just waiting for Frank to get sufficiently angry again so we can have more Million Dead albums.

Music I really enjoy that I am yet to see in this list includes:

Deerhoof
Oceansize
Paul Simon
12 years

Gingersnaps wrote:
Hooray for Oceansize! And all the rest of the Alphabet family.

Ginger! Well, of course there is our love for Cardiacs that few will understand.
12 years

jazzyjess23 wrote:
UberCapitalist wrote:
So much pitchfork-core listed in this thread. I think fat chicks and their admirers try to express their anti-mainstream body image ideals in all aspects of their identity. I would quote certain posts, but it's the hipsters(so many of them to single them out, but you know who you are!). Porcupine Tree is a band that few people even know exists? Your credibility to your fellow fantasy feeders has been decimated. You guys are plebeians, equally as pleb as the two guys that posted that linkin park is the best band of all time. Oh, the hipster irony.

What type of music are you into then?

This kind:
12 years

aby wrote:
Good acts mentioned in this thread

My Bloody Valentine, Hole, Neil Young, Portishead, , Beck, The Beatles, B-52s, Beastie Boys, The Knife, Black Sabbath, Tom Petty and The Heart Breakers, Led Zeppelin, King Crimson, Blondie, Tool, Radiohead, David Bowie, The Kinks, Sonic Youth, Herbie Hancock, The Chemical Brothers, The Streets, , Alice in Chains, Placebo, Pavement, The Cure, Garbage (if I had to sleep with a thin woman it would be Shirley Manson...)

Acts that got the odd mention but were not vaunted enough like enough

The Manic Street Preachers
The Smashing Pumpkins
Suede
The Smiths
Joy Division
Nick Drake

Acts not mentioned

Virtually no Hip-Hop! I don’t listen to much either, but I do like Public Enemy , DJ Shadow, Dead Prez & 2Pac.

For the most part I am an indie kid, so I’d love to add: Echo & The Bunnymen, Belle & Sebastian,Mystery Jets, Metronomy, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Editors, Heavenly & Patti Smith.

Most importantly though: Los Campesinos! If you are not listening to this band then start to. Here’s their take on lists:

And a song you might recognise from a commercial:

Shit Bands Mentioned

My Chemical Romance, Linkin Park, Evanescence, Blink-182, Good Charlotte, Creed, Bloodhound Gang, Lostprophets, The Strokes, Sum 41.

Needless to say, the early noughties were just hell for me.
I do like Los camposenos. However, the lyrics to "That Boy that Girl", by Hadouken do come to mind. Disagree strongly that "The Strokes" are in your Shit list, agree with the rest though. From 2002-2008, the music scene went through a great revival, it seems to have tappered off, bar some excellent albums by "Arctic Monkeys", "The Strokes" and "The Coral". Don't see many new bands getting my interest at present, do like "Egyptian Hip Hop" and "The Chapman Family", but you can't exactly call them new.
12 years

aby wrote:
[b]gary1627 wroteI do like Los camposenos. However, the lyrics to "That Boy that Girl", by Hadouken do come to mind.

That song is about posers who lack self-awareness and irony. Los Camp! have those two qualities in abundance!
I do realise that, it was just a funny thought that popped into my head. If I thought they were posers, I wouldn't like them. I've been into alternative music since the late 70's, I can spot posers a mile off.
12 years

Jay & the Americans
Peter & Gordon
Vogues
Happenings
12 years

Die antwoord, Bob Dylan, Bob Marley, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Santana, Marilyn Manson, Disturbed, Placebo, David Bowie, Mark Ronson and lots more but they are my le favourites smiley
12 years
123   loading