General

Quotes you like

First, remember that style comes in all sizes, so the bigger you are, the more style you have. And second, draw attention to your best features by pointing at them, and conceal your flaws by sucker punching anyone who mentions them.
-Miss Piggy

Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.
-Dr Seuss

"They *** you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you."
-Philip Larkin
12 years

Quotes you like

I could recite so many great lyrics from favourite bands, but at present the "Arctic Monkeys" have my current fav.
"If you're gonna to try and walk on water make sure you wear your comfortable shoes" - Piledriver Waltz.
12 years

Quotes you like

I have a few from V for Vendetta:

-Are you like, a crazy person?
-I'm sure some will say so.

-I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.

-He used to say, that artists lie to tell the truth, while politicians use them to cover it up.

-Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

I dare do all that may become a man; who dares do more, is none.
-Macbeth

Now to change gears a little.

"Using no way as a way. Using no limitation as a limitation."
-Bruce Lee

"Endurance is patience, concentrated."
-Thomas Carlyle

"Life is simple, but we insist on making it complicated."
-Confucius

"The question isn't, who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me?"
-Ayn Rand

"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."
-Henry David Thoreau

"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore they attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation."
-Pearl S. Buck

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
-Doug Larsen

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action."
-Samurai Maxim

"Like everyone else, you want to learn the way to win, but never except the way to lose. To except defeat, to learn to die, is to be liberated from it. So when tomorrow comes, you must free your ambitious mind, and learn the art of dying."
-Bruce Lee

"With the right attitude human beings can move mountains. With the wrong attitude they can be crushed by the smallest grain of sand."
-Jim Rohn

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
-George Bernard Show

"Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you'd have preferred to talk."
-Doug Larsen

I think that's enough for now.smiley
12 years

Quotes you like

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." - from Mother Night by Kurt Vonnegut

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face — forever." from Nineteen Eighty Four by George Orwell

"Workers of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your chains!" - from The Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels

"*** damnation, man! *** redemption! We are God's unwanted children? So be it!" - Tyler Durden, Fight Club

"It's SHITE being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the ***ing earth, the most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some people hate the English, I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are colonized by wankers. We can't even find a decent culture to be colonized by. We are ruled by effete arseholes. It's a shite state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and all the fresh air in the world won't make any ***ing difference!" - Renton, Trainspotting

"This is my brain, and I live in it,
It’s made of love and bad song lyrics.
It’s tucked away behind my eyes,
Where all my ***ed up thoughts can hide,
Coz God forbid I hurt somebody.
And the weirdest thing about a mind,
Is that every answer that you find,
Is the basis of a brand new cliché.
This is my brain, and it’s fine,
It’s where I spend the vast majority of my time,
It’s not perfect, but it’s mine.
It’s not perfect,
I’m not quite sure I’ve worked out how to work it,
It’s not perfect, but it’s mine." - Not Perfect by Tim Minchin
12 years

Quotes you like

I'm thinking of Studio Ghibli...

-Daddy...are we lost?
-Don't worry, I've got four-wheel drive!
--Chihiro to her father

-I'm see through, I'm see through!!!
--Chihiro

-Take this, use it to tie your hair back. It will protect you, it's made from the threads your friends wove together.
--Zeniba to Chihiro

-A new home, a new school? It is a bit scary.
-I think I can handle it.
--Chihiro's father to Chihiro
12 years

Quotes you like

One of my favorite quotes is brought to you from 'The Dark Knight'

"Madness is a lot like gravity. All it needs is a little push"-Joker/Heath Ledger

And that brought me to my own quote:

"What's the point of Life if you can't Push The Madness?"

And pretty much EVERY Ed Norton line from American History X and most from Fight Club.
12 years

Quotes you like

A certain swordsman in his declining years said the following: In one's life. there are levels in the pursuit of study. In the lowest level, a person studies but nothing comes of it, and he feels that both he and others are unskillful. At this point he is worthless. In the middle level he is still useless but is aware of his own insufficiencies and can also see the insufficiencies of others. In a higher level he has pride concerning his own ability, rejoices in praise from others, and laments the lack of ability in his fellows. This man has worth. In the highest level a man has the look of knowing nothing. These are the levels in general;. But there is one transcending level, and this is the most excellent of all. This person is aware of the endlessness of entering deeply into a certain Way and never thinks of himself as having finished. He truly knows his own insufficiencies and never in his whole life thinks that he has succeeded. He has no thoughts of pride but with self-abasement knows the Way to the end. It is said that Master Yagyu once remarked, "I do not know the way to defeat others, but the way to defeat myself." Throughout your life advance daily, becoming more skillful than yesterday, more skillful than today. This is never-ending.

Yamamoto Tsunetomo
12 years

Quotes you like

Luigi: So, mi amici, I would ask who you are, but in view of your shredded clothes and the fact that the Chateau d'If is two miles away... what's the point? As for me, I am Luigi Vampa, a smuggler and a thief. My men and I have come to this island to bury alive one of our number who attempted to keep some stolen gold for himself instead of sharing it with his comrades. Interestingly enough, there are some of his more loyal friends who are insisting that I grant him mercy. Which, of course, I cannot do, or I would quickly lose control of the whole crew. That is why you are such a fortunate find.
Edmond: Why is that?
Luigi: You provide me with a way to show a little mercy to Jacopo - that maggot you see tied up over there - while at the same time not appearing weak. And as a bonus, the lads will get to see a little sport as well.
Edmond: How do I accomplish all this?
Luigi: We watch you and Jacopo fight to the death. If Jacopo wins, we welcome him back to the crew. If you win, I have given Jacopo the chance to live, even if he did not take advantage of it, and you can take his place on the boat.
Edmond: What if I win and I don't want to be a smuggler?
Luigi: Then we slit your throat, and we're a bit shorthanded.
[pause]
Edmond: [smiles after consideration] I find that smuggling is the life for me, and would be delighted to kill your friend the maggot!
Luigi: Oh, and by the way, Jacopo is the best knife fighter I have ever seen.
Edmond: [unmoved, sarcastically] Perhaps you should get out more...
Luigi: [laughs, shouts to his crew] Release Jacopo, and give him back his knife. And we'll let the games begin...

Dorleac: Now you're thinking, just now "Why me, O God?". The answer is, God has nothing to do with it. In fact, God is never in France this time of year

Edmond: There are 72,519 stones in my walls. I've counted them many times.
Abbe Faria: But have you named them yet?

--

from another favorite of mine. The Count of Monte Cristo
12 years

Quotes you like

M'aiq has heard the people in Skyrim are better-looking than the ones in Cyrodiil. He has no opinion on the matter. All people are beautiful to him.
--M'aiq the Liar, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
12 years

Quotes you like

Even bad men love their mommas.
--Ben Wade, 3:10 to Yuma
12 years
12345   loading