General

Quotes you like

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things." Jack Burton from big trouble in little china.
Oh also from the same movie.
"Could you stop rubbing your body up against mine? 'Cause I can't concentrate when you do that."
Jack Burton to Gracie while there making their way through a sewage pipe. lol
12 years

Quotes you like

What have I become, my sweetest friend, everyone I know goes away in the end. And you could have it all, my empire of dirt, I will let you down...I will make you hurt.
--Johnny Cash/NIN, Hurt
12 years

Quotes you like

Failed. There are plenty of others willing to call you a failure. A fool. A loser. Don’t you ever say it of yourself. You send out the wrong signal, that is what people pick up. Don’t you understand? You care about something, you fight for it. You hit a wall, you push through it. There’s something you need to know about failure, Tintin. You can never let it defeat you.
--Captain Haddock, The Adventures of Tintin
12 years

Quotes you like

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” - Albert Einstein

"The most sophisticated people I know - inside they are all children." - Jim Henson

"Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it." - Sathya Sai Baba

"Life's like a movie, write your own ending. Keep believing, keep pretending." - Jim Henson

"...All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us..." - Gandalf

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him 'round the moons of Nibia and 'round the Antares Maelstrom and 'round Perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan Noonien Singh
12 years

Quotes you like

I have waited a long time for this moment, my little green friend.
--Darth Sidious

Can....Anybodyyyyy...find meeeee...somebody tooooo...loooooove.
--Queen
12 years

Quotes you like

Taken from "Look down from clouds" by Marvin Levine

Escher got it right.
Men step down and yet rise up,
the hand is drawn by the hand it draws,
and a woman is poised on her very own shoulders.

Without you and me this universe is simple,
run with the regularity of a prison.
Galaxies spin along stipulated arcs,
stars collapse at the specified hour,
crows u-turn south and monkeys rut on schedule.

But we, whom the Cosmos shaped for a billion years
to fit this place, we know it failed.
For we can reshape,
reach an arm through the bars
and, Escher-like, pull ourselves out.

And while whales feeding on mackerel
are confined forever in the sea,
we climb the waves,
look down from clouds.
12 years

Quotes you like

greengear wrote:
bbwildrose wrote:
I love that - I'm going to have to find more of his writings! Thanks for posting it smiley

No problem! I'm glad you found it meaningful. If you'd like to read some of his work, I'd recommend You Are Here. It's the first of his books I've read, and I still go back to it now and again when I'm feeling a little lost.

One of my favorite quotes of his, I'll have to paraphrase:

"When you drink your tea, drink only your tea. Do not drink it with your sorrows, your worries, your plans for the day. Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if it is the axis on which the world earth revolves - slowly, evenly, without rushing toward the future. Live the actual moment. Only this moment is life."

It's a simple exercise I try to keep with every morning, whether with tea, coffee, or even a meal. Enjoy the moment as it is, and truly be there for it.
I do love these quotes. There is no secret to life, just life itself, but living in the moment must be as close as you can get.
12 years

Quotes you like

One of my fave quotes lately come from The Depated. I played a clip of it during the radio show I do with my buddy and it goes:

"I don't want to be a product of my enviroment. I want my Enviroment to be a product of me"
-Jack Nicholson 'The Departed'
11 years

Quotes you like

Everyone is valuable, and the world can be a better place because you were born into it.
--Mr. Rogers
11 years

Quotes you like

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."

-Friedrich Nietzsche
11 years
23456   loading