Quotes you like

Not really quotes, but my favorite bathroom graffiti:

I'll be right back--Godot

"Let's eat grandma!"
"Let's eat, grandma!"
Punctuation saves lives.
11 years

Quotes you like

Quotes from Stephen King have long been among my favorites. Here's one I rediscovered recently.

"See the TURTLE, ain't he keen?
All things serve the f#*k!n Beam."
--Eddie Dean, The Waste Lands.
10 years

Quotes you like

Don'tknow if these would be considered quotes ornot..1 I wrote & use frequently in various places on the net.the other is something my Mother said to me before she did but I'm posting them anyway.

"The body is just the package that holds the true gift of the soul...Some of us just have bigger boxes!"-Me

"Don't dwell on the passing...remember all the good times past"-Mom

I tell people the 1 of Mom's anytime someone has lost a friend or loved one.
10 years

Quotes you like

Barlett's most familiar quotation:

"Hey, can I use that in my book?"
10 years

Quotes you like

If I didn't earn it, I don't want it. That way I can always say "I got it honest."
10 years

Quotes you like

"The unexamined life is not worth living." -- Socrates

"The unlived life is not worth examining." --Dr. Feeder
10 years

Quotes you like

"she got a big booty so i call her big booty."

- 2chainz

Amen.
10 years

Quotes you like

'No one remembers the singer. The song remains' - Terry Pratchett (from The Last Hero)

He says a lot that makes me crease up in laughter, but sometimes, for whatever reason, something he's written will give me the shivers instead, like this.
10 years

Quotes you like

Lafayette-What the f#*k is it with white people and jello? ...I don't understand.
Tara-*sighs* What the hell we gon' do with all this?
Lafayette-Toss it. Sooki don't need no bad juju cookin'.
Tara-Bad juju?
Lafayette-Way to a man's heart is through his stomach. That sh!t true as gold. Put some love in your food and folk can taste it. *Picks up a dish of corn bread* Smell this...you can smell the fear and nastiness comin' off dat kern bread.
Tara-*takes a piece and eats* Tastes just fine to me.
Lafayette-See b!tch you gon' wish you ain't did dat.
--Tara and Lafayette: True Blood Season 1

Cheshire Cat: Oh, by the way, if you'd really like to know, he went that way.
Alice: Who did?
Cheshire Cat: The White Rabbit.
Alice: He did?
Cheshire Cat: He did what?
Alice: Went that way.
Cheshire Cat: Who did?
Alice: The White Rabbit.
Cheshire Cat: What rabbit?
Alice: But didn't you just say - I mean - Oh, dear.
Cheshire Cat: Can you stand on your head?
--Alice and the Cheshire Cat: Disney's Alice in Wonderland.

Alone...

Yes, that's the key word, the most awful word in the English Tongue. Murder doesn't hold a candle to it, and Hell is only a poor substitute.
-Stephen King
10 years

Quotes you like

Everyone is always just one bad decision away from insanity at any given time.

...Should I stick my fingers into the fan...or leave the room right now?

...Should I run the blade of this razor across my tongue!? Or just finish shaving and walk away from the sink!?
--Jim Carrey

"Death had to take him in his sleep, because had he been awake, there would have been a fight." -- An actual quote about Roosevelt (I don't recall by whom)

Jake stood on the corner of Second and Forty-sixth, looking at a board fence about five feet high. Tears streaming down his cheeks. From the darkness beyond the fence came a strong harmonic humming. The sound of many voices, all singing together. Singing one vast open note. 'Here is yes,' the voices said. 'Here is you may, here is the good turn, the fortunate meeting, the fever that broke just before dawn and left your blood calm. Here is the wish that came true and the understanding eye. Here is the kindness you were given and thus learned to pass on. Here is the sanity and clarity you thought were lost. Here, everything is all right.'
--Stephen King, The Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla

There is a sense-inarticulate but very much there-that things have gone amiss this season. It is the closing of the year; it is also the closing of the peace. For it is here, in the sleepy Out-World Barony of Mejis, that Mid-World's last great conflict will shortly begin; it is from here that the blood will begin to flow. In two years, no more, the world as it has been will be swept away. It starts here. From its field of roses the Dark Tower cries out in its beast's voice. Time is a face on the water.
--The Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass, Stephen King.

"My mother sometimes used to say, 'All the difference in the world is between work and want,' and I believe that to my very soul. I believe it is better to plow deep than wide. This is my place, and I love it."
Stephen King's "The Reach"

"'These are things made for thinking on slowly,' he would have told the children if he had known how. 'Things to be thought on at length, while the hands do their work and the coffee sits in a solid china mug nearby. They are questions of Reach maybe: Do the dead sing? And do they love the living?'"
Stephen King's "The Reach"
10 years
23456   loading