General

Accents

lc2 wrote:
FyreBurner wrote:
even after having lived in the North for a year now the southern accent still sounds much nicer to me..

Boooo! smiley

I'm sorry but I'm originally from Germany and you can't tell me that your accent is easy to understand smiley I've quite started to love it though smiley
12 years

Accents

Layla wrote:
the16th6toothson wrote:
Layla wrote:

and those Americans that say erb,

my H must have left off somewhere with your R

cuz you say wateh smiley

and we pronounce the H...if it's a man's name haha.

anyway:
Aussie
Japanese/any South East Asian as long as they slow down a bit
overtly thick Canadian
and sometimes...
Southern Belle

hahahah people keep saying that, that we put A's on the end of everything haha

I also forgot I love New Jersey accents hahah like on Jerseylicious..but I hear im like the only one hahaha

glad you appreciate our jersey twang, layla. most people find it annoying! *fist pump!*
12 years

Accents

WitchyLaRoux wrote:
he sounds about as Irish as the terrible fake accents in Boondock Saints that annoyed the feck out of me after 10 minutes, he also really doesn't sound Scot either, he just sounds fake

yea love that movie, but sean patrick flannery and norman reedus were purely american and it showed in their attempts at irish accents
12 years

Accents

I prefer the accent of Sarcasm.

What?! Ok, I know it's not a real accent, but you'll have to deal with it...

Ugh.. Fine. I do find a cute British accent to be soothing to the ears too.

smiley
9 years

Accents

I love a girl with an Irish accent, also like the Edinburgh accent too.

As for me I have a London accent but can do most other accents and used to wind customers up that I was Australian when I worked in the Lombard call centre one summer during summer break from college.

I was fired after six weeks when the manager caught me.
9 years

Accents

cutiebeans wrote:
Elanor wrote:
Nobody likes Dutch accents, not even meeeeeeeee! :o

I'm a New Zealander, & in the same boat.

Side eyeing you all saying you like Australian accents, & neglecting poor New Zealanders. Rude.

I love kiwi accents !
9 years

Accents

Layla, Are you like the Panamanian accent?
when visits Panama?
9 years

Accents

sorry for my English smiley
9 years

Accents

I love accents... and that's why I'm not ashamed of my dutch accent... But to be honest, when learned queensenglish in school, some accents are difficult to understand for a not native english speaker..
9 years

Accents

For me the accent is a nice feature but overall irrelevant. It's the voice of the woman that does it for me. If I had to say that an accent did it for me; I would have to say a true southern Belle with a sultry voice would be the one. For me; it's not the accent, it's the sound of the woman's voice. But then again, I know there are accents that I just don't like! I won't list them so that I do not offend anyone.
9 years
1234   loading