Gaining

Healthy weight gain?

I'm tired from hearing this from my doctor, "You need to eat more Healthy!"

I'm trying to gain weight and the same time hoping to stop my Doctor from complaining about my weight and health hazards.

I been told that eatting peanut butter is healthy and I am eatting up to 5 times the day than the usual 4.

Anyone know which foods can help me gain more weight?

Idon't think I can stomach eatting more Apples with PB and ... health shakes.
11 years

Healthy weight gain?

Hmm, I sense a slight rant coming on. Apologies in advance!

goopunch1 wrote:
timefor anewdoctor. your the customer, not him. Would you payanyone else who harassedyou in order todo a service?

Rubbish. Your doctor is not there to be nice to you, he/she is there to keep you healthy. Sometimes that will involve telling you things you don't want to hear. Deal with it!

Homemade shader wrote:
Thier is no healthy way to be overweight, I choose to gain and be fat becuase my lust of fat, being fat, and getting fatter is more important to me than my health. You have to make the choice which is more important for you?

It would probably be fair to say that ceteris paribus a "normal" weight person is healthier than an overweight one. But to say that there's no healthy way to be overweight is both defeatist and wrong. Ignoring for the moment the ridiculousness of BMI as a proxy for health, there are many people who are fat who are healthier than those who are thin.

What you eat and how much you exercise are much more important factors for health than how much you eat. Personally I think any feedee who doesn't take steps to mitigate potential the health impacts of weight gain is being unwise. I'd imagine for many people it'd be perfectly possible to be both fatter and healthier.
11 years

Healthy weight gain?

Does anyone have any reciepes for peanut butter soap?
8 years

Healthy weight gain?

By sauce, do you mean just melting it, or is there a reciepe? How does Pb compare to HC for fast gaining?
8 years

Healthy weight gain?

The strategy I have been following (courtesy of my feeder, who is much better versed in nutrition than I am) is to eat a large quantity of food, while staying away from the really bad stuff.

So I have little heavily processed stuff, try to avoid trans fats, easy-does-it on sodium (so not too many pre-prepared foods), not too high in the sugar content (I have a sweet tooth so this one gets broken now and then, lol), etc.

I've been staying away from weight gain shakes because they are so heavily processed, but I think I'm going to live dangerously and give 'em a try, on the recommendation of a friend...

Lots of variety is a good goal, too.

Cheers! Jay
8 years

Healthy weight gain?

Jhale:
Does not sound like a real strategy to me or maybe you just did not define the important aspects clearly enough.

Who is your gainer? I would like to discuss with them about their nutritional knowledge.

My feeder is my wife. If you read my story here, it will tell you more or less the basics.

For specific nutritional advice, there's tonnes of resources. But common sense is the most valuable. Is it good to eat tonnes of processed sugar, or processed foods of any kind? No. Does it increase your risk of diabetes? Maybe, but everyone is different (genetics has a lot to do with it). What kinds & volumes of cholesterol are you ingesting, etc. could impact your health.

Lots to consider, but my feeder and I (the feedee impacted by this) believe, and I think have proven, that you can gain weight & get fat by eating great volumes of healthier food rather than resort to vast increases in high fat, high sugar items, etc.

Not to say I don't have my cake and eat it too, I am not 100% a health food nut! But I try to make sure my diet is balanced - lots of fruit & veg, lots of fiber, and so forth.

Jay
8 years

Healthy weight gain?

This site may help:

growingcurves.blogspot.com/
8 years

Healthy weight gain?

leto645:
I dont think theres any such thing as a way to become obese and stay perfectly healthy.

You can minimize risks, but its just plain unhealthy to be obese. Cant really disagree with science on this one.

But that's life in general, isn't it? The healthiest of us will die, and some of them will die young! My grandmother lived to almost 100 with high blood pressure for over 50 years, and she was a big fatty who enjoyed a great quality of life until nearly the very end.

All I'm saying is: prolonging life (or extending quality of life) is all about dealing with risk. Being obese poses some risks, as does driving to work daily, living in certain places, and diet (even for skinnies!).

Jay
8 years

Healthy weight gain?

Some people are happier fat.

And happiness is good for your health.

I'm not saying this makes it healthy to be fat, but it may mitigate the risks.
8 years