Lifestyle tips

The negatives of being fat.

tvspots.tv/video/18818/DAIMLER-CHRYSLER--FAT-MAN-WALKING

sinningineden wrote:
Fitting into tiny cars. All my friends are large, and when we try to go somewhere together in the 'fuel efficient' car, it's like an event trying to get everybody to fit. Everyone ends up all squashed against the windows, which causes fits of giggling and lots of sweating.

And seatbelts, gah! No one in the back seat gets one because they are so short they can't even go halfway around one of us. We end up packed in like sardines.
11 years

have enough moobs that I always wash under them in the morning just like I do with my small belly apron.

leto645 wrote:
Heh I have to wear an apron at work and by belly very visibly hangs over it. My moobs are very visible and when Im walking I can feel my belly and moobs bounce when I walk. I guess I like it but it feels weird sometimes haha.
11 years

My belly is big enough that tying up my skates is brutal. Only way to do it really is sitting on a low bench and leaning way over, and all that belly doesn't leave much space for breathing!
11 years

I would totally love to make a fat friendly amusement park... With rides designed for larger people, skinny people might not be secure, so we might have to have a sign saying "Must be at least this size to ride"
8 years

Oh yeah,this is so true...putting socks on,tiring shoe laces,clipping toe nails: such hard work!
Tubby Marie:
Trying to clip your toe nails bending down to pick something up and your belly is in the way, your fat thighs rubbing wholes in your pants
7 years

SsbbwTav:
Reduced mobility and Health issues:
Back ache, knee and ankle pain
Difficulty walking, even short distance. Waddling.
Prone to sitting more because moving around has gotten too hard
Easily losing my balance when standing or walking
Increasing need for a scooter or a wheelchair
Stairs, even a couple of steps are a nightmare
Difficulty in putting pants, socks and shoes on
Out of breath after only a few steps
Sleep apnea and breathing in general
Skin is sore between folds and rolls

Social, every day issues:
Not fitting in the majority of seats comfortably even if they don't have armrests. Cannot go to cinemas, theatres, public spaces as much as I used to
Cannot drive comfortably anymore
I need two plane seats
Cannot be accommodated in a bath so i can only shower, seated on a stool.
Clothes are difficult to find, and when I find in my size they are too expensive but still ill fitting
Stares, giggles, offensive comments from strangers. Family lectures.
Transportation issues. If a place requires walking then I don't go there
Sleepiness during the day because of my sleep apnea. In need to lie down often.
Reduced salary because i had to abandon my full time employment and settle in a part time arrangement as it it has become hard to sit straight all those hours.
Embarrassing situations such as breaking or not fitting in furniture.
Needing much more time to get somewhere

Psychological issues:
Addiction to food, overeating
Anxiety in social situations, especially when requiring physical effort
Occasional bounds of depression when something happens to remind me of my fat related disabilities
Body dismorphia - I still see myself much thinner than my 500+ body is

That's really sad that you don't seem to be enjoying it anymore.

Are you happy to stay at the same size or do you plan to lose a little?
7 years

flyinghorse:
That's really sad that you don't seem to be enjoying it anymore.

Are you happy to stay at the same size or do you plan to lose a little?

SsbbwTav:
I never gained intentionally so I was not gaining pleasure in the first place. However, I have come to accept this weight and live with it and sometimes even enjoy my size despite its limitations. Perhaps being involved in the FA community has helped me accept myself more and make all the necessary adjustments to my every day life. The health issues are the most troublesome, and those which sometimes make me feel more distressed emotionally, but there are always ways to work around them through lifestyle changes. I tried to lose weight with no success so I stopped trying to combat my addiction to food and somehow I have learned to embrace my big size, though it's not always easy and it should be a lifelong process.

lovejugs:
Biggest POSITIVE of being fat is that most men prefer fat women, whatever they may say![/quote]

Indeed smiley This guy loves his short, fat sweetie!
7 years

cant fit in the bathtub
cant weigh on most scales

Those among the others are two things money can be helpful. In my neck of woods, there are scales for less than 20$ that go to 400 pounds. If one needs a scale to weight more just bite the bullet and get one on promo. Over the years it wouldn't be that expensive.

So it is more a question of money rather than inconvenience.
7 years
12   loading