General

Hallween costumes!!

I'm thinking of going full-on-terrifying for this one Halloween Party I've been invited to.

I'm going to go as Leather Face, from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
11 years

Hallween costumes!!

I'm pretty lazy when it comes to making costumes and stuff, so all I'm gonna do is make a metallic H from card and tin foil and be a Red Dwarf hologram.

Or maybe Shaggy from Scooby Doo.
11 years

Hallween costumes!!

Heroin_Chic wrote:
My one friend is going as Mulan and is trying to convince me to go as Mushu but I'm not totally sold on it so I'm really up in the air. All I know is I wanna really go all out this year

YESSSS you so have to do this hahahaa
mulan is the best !
11 years

Hallween costumes!!

I'm gonna come over all British and say you have to wear something actually related to Hallowe'en on Hallowe'en. Like something spooky, undead, linked to the horror genre or in any way creepy.

All Hallow's Eve is supposedly the time when the physical and supernatural worlds have fewer barriers between them, so magical or scary stuff can happen. The celebration has its roots in Paganism and the festival of the dead. The themes at English parties are therefore usually around death, evil, the occult or monsters.

We don't tend to go for dressing up as a superhero or any other random costume on Hallowe'en... because frankly, what is that about?!

Go for a good old-fashioned vampire, ghost, mummy or character from a horror film. Or a style of dress that evokes the creepy genre - maybe a slightly dishevelled burlesque look with loads of gothic make-up, or Victoriana (the latter is always good - so many horror stories seem to feature that period).

For inspiration check the Bloody Mary Show - the latest online comedy horror show hehehehe www.bloodymaryshow.co.uk/
11 years

Hallween costumes!!

ThrowTheCheese wrote:
I'm pretty lazy when it comes to making costumes and stuff, so all I'm gonna do is make a metallic H from card and tin foil and be a Red Dwarf hologram.

Or maybe Shaggy from Scooby Doo.

wait... so you're saying that you AREN'T Shaggy from Scooby Doo?

could get a lot of lookalike work
11 years

Hallween costumes!!

I'm thinking about dressing as Frank West from the Dead Rising games. For those who don't know who he is, here's what he is looks like:

11 years

Hallween costumes!!

I've also rolled around the idea of dressing up as Hagrid, this of course is predicated on me getting a job/money by Halloween so I can afford the pieces I would need to get that costume together.
11 years

Hallween costumes!!

OniGumo wrote:
I've also rolled around the idea of dressing up as Hagrid, this of course is predicated on me getting a job/money by Halloween so I can afford the pieces I would need to get that costume together.

hahah you would make a great hagrid !

I dont know what ill go as for halloween
no doubt something slutty
11 years

Hallween costumes!!

i was lizzie borden, the famous murderess of american folklore who supposedly axed both her parents to death and got away with it. perhaps you know the haunting children's rhyme:

lizzie borden took an ax,
gave her mother 40 whacks
when she saw what she had done,
she gave her father 41

wore a victorian style corset, covered myself in fake blood, and carried a bloody plastic ax
11 years