General

Would you use bitcoin?

(If you have no idea what Bitcoin is, read this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin)

The reason I'm asking is because Bitcoin doesn't have transaction costs like credit cards and Paypal does. This means micropayments become feasible and quite easy to do.

Also Bitcoin has total anonymity. The seller nor buyer will know who the other person is. No more embarrassing credit card bill statements.

If people are open to this new method of payment, I think this site could also benefit from this and start to offer things like 24 hour gold memberships for people (like me) who are too busy to use this site enough to make a monthly subscription feasible.

-Sev
11 years

Would you use bitcoin?

Very interesting!
11 years

Would you use bitcoin?

I really hope end users for bitcoin will start to adopt it as well.

Because its distributed and not controlled by any single company, it avoids many many issues that are troublesome especially for merchants. Like payment processing time. Rollbacked transactions you have no control over. Getting the payment in a reasonable time etc.

Plus at least in some services the transaction fees are really huge and basically make real micropayments unfeasible.

Maybe providing both Paypal and Bitcoin and selling good cheaper with bitcoin might make more people use it.

And I think the currency has passed the experimental phase already. Its being used a lot all over the world right now and the exhange rate seems to be stabilizing as well.

I've also bought a few things with it and I love how you can use it like physical cash. Even if you don't buy anything illegal, its nice to know all your purchases aren't going to dozen databases for later use.
11 years