General

Pokemon! ^_^

It would be too much to create an MMO for Pokemon since their target audience is kids. That seems more like a teen and adult thing than somethign kids would be interested in playing.
9 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Shinobi_Hime-Sama wrote:
It would be too much to create an MMO for Pokemon since their target audience is kids. That seems more like a teen and adult thing than somethign kids would be interested in playing.

I'm pretty sure there is a pokemon mmo. It works off the base game of red and its a modified version where you can play with tons of other people. I cant remember exactly what it's called, but I think it's pokemmo. I'd tell you exactly what it is but I'm in bed right now. I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for but it's pretty good for what it is.
9 years

Pokemon! ^_^

thenextbigthing wrote:
Cyid wrote:
Shinobi_Hime-Sama wrote:

I'm pretty sure there is a pokemon mmo. It works off the base game of red and its a modified version where you can play with tons of other people. I cant remember exactly what it's called, but I think it's pokemmo. I'd tell you exactly what it is but I'm in bed right now. I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for but it's pretty good for what it is.

This. I would like this. :o

For those interested the site is pokemmo.eu have fun smiley
9 years

Pokemon! ^_^

A new Pokemon anime short came out just for Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, similar to the one that came out for Black 2/White 2. Currently in Japanese only though.

Video here:
9 years

Pokemon! ^_^

As the game is out now for most of the world, much more info is becoming available, though I'll try and avoid story/etc spoilers if I can. Version exclusives have been updated from what we previously knew.

serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/exclusives.shtml
Omega Ruby: Seedot/Nuzleaf/Shiftry, Mawile, Zangoose, Solrock, Groudon, Palkia, Throh, Tornadus, Reshiram, Skrelp/Dragalge, Ho-Oh, Latios?
New!: Kabuto/Kabutops, Shieldon/Bastiodon and Archen/Archeops fossils are exclusive to this version, but can be traded over.
New!: West Sea (Pink/Brown) Shellos/Gastrodon is exclusive to this version.

Alpha Sapphire: Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo, Sableye, Seviper, Lunatone, Kyogre, Dialga, Sawk, Thundurus, Zekrom, Clauncher/Clawitzer, Lugia, Latias?
New!: Omanyte/Omastar, Cranidos/Rampardos and Tirtouga/Carracosta fossils are exclusive to this version, but can be traded over.
New!: East Sea (Blue/Green) Shellos/Gastrodon is exclusive to this version.

You definitely get given a Latios or Latias depending on your chosen version, though it's not known fully yet if the other one is in the same game.

Also apparently Surfing seems faster and the encounter rate while Surfing seems much lower.

Using the DexNav, as far as I can tell, any random encounter Pokemon can be found with it's Hidden Ability.
9 years

Pokemon! ^_^

You can get the other lati@s not in your game by getting the Eon Ticket, which can be received by streetpassing someone with the Eon Ticket.

Also, don't forget to hop onto Mystery Gift and get a Shiny Beldum with it's mega stone.

Also if you haven't already, get an ORAS demo code so you can get Mega Glalie (Or mega Steelix if you're in Japan)
9 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Are both games split up between who you're fighting, or does it follow more of the Emerald storyline where you fight both at the same time?

I never really played Ruby or Sapphire, all of my experience was with Emerald, so, I'm kinda torn on which game to get.
9 years

Pokemon! ^_^

nameless88888888 wrote:
Are both games split up between who you're fighting, or does it follow more of the Emerald storyline where you fight both at the same time?

I never really played Ruby or Sapphire, all of my experience was with Emerald, so, I'm kinda torn on which game to get.

They follow the Ruby/Sapphire split storyline, not the Emerald connected one, though there is an extra 'Delta Episode' that is the same for both games after you beat the main storyline.

You'll be fighting against Team Magma in Omega Ruby while Team Aqua will be friendly, and in Alpha Sapphire you'll be fighting against Team Aqua while Team Magma will be friendly.

West Sea (Pink/Brown) Shellos/Gastrodon is exclusive to Omega Ruby, and East Sea (Blue/Green) Shellos/Gastrodon is exclusive to Alpha Sapphire.

Also the DexNav will allow you to find wild Pokemon with egg moves - beware as some of them may hit you really hard at early levels.

More Pokemon have their own Surf sprites too. Kyogre moves a little faster than normal, and Sharpedo moves twice as fast, interestingly.

Edit: For those who like the Lucky Egg item which boosts experience gain, you can find it by using the DexNav on wild Pelipper's.
9 years

Pokemon! ^_^

I finished Alpha Sapphire in three days like I did with X and Y, already been through the Delta Episode and started hunting down the legendaries. Already have Cobalion, Cresselia, Rayquaza, and Mesprit. Have yet to find Zekrom, Reshiram, Giratina, and Kyurem soaring on Latios over Hoenn...I also have to go back and re-capture Primal Kyogre and Deoxys, I killed them both the first time.smiley
9 years

Pokemon! ^_^

I liked the Delta episode, it set down some interesting things for a bridge game like say Pokemon Z or Delta Emerald to span both Kalos and Hoenn with the Battle Frontier as the connector. A lot of hints were dropped at the Battle Resort that there WILL be a Battle Frontier created for the next set of games just like in the original Emerald where it was first introduced. I never got to see it in the original Emerald, I COULD NOT beat the Pokemon League.
9 years