General

Pokemon! ^_^

New trailer!

Japanese trailer too, it has a fair amount of differences including more cutscenes, I'd definitely recommend giving it a watch too!:

The latest Pokemon Sun & Moon trailer has been released. This trailer reveals more new Pokemon and gameplay mechanics. This reveals the Ultra Beasts including one called Type: Null with the ability Battle Armor
The next is Dragon type Jangmo-o with the abilities Bulletproof and Soundproof.
Alolan Raticate was also revealed. It too is Dark/Normal-type with the abilities Gluttony and Hustle
It also revealed that Sun & Moon are 12 hours apart, showing that Totems of Gumshoos and Alolan Raticate vary based on time.

Next it also announces the Aether Foundation, led by Lusamine, who run the Aether Island. Aether's Branch Chief is Faba and Wicke. They face against Team Skull, who also have an enforcer named Gladion
You also have to look for Zygarde Cells which get sucked into the cube. With the PokeFinder, you can also take photos of Pokemon
Finally there's an Ultra Beast called UB-01

I'll just add that the Pokemon's name is Type: Null - it's actual typing is Normal. As for the time of day - Pokemon Sun uses the same time as your 3DS clock, but Pokemon Moon is set 12 hours ahead, effectively meaning day and night are reversed in Pokemon Moon.

This Pokemon wearing a mask has been dubbed 'Null,' meaning nothing. The shapes of its front and hind legs are clearly different. The reason is that Type: Null was constructed to synthesize the strengths of various Pokemon, enabling it to adapt to any situation. The mask fitted to Type: Null's head is a piece of equipment designed to control its latent powers. It's extremely heavy, so it also serves to hinder Type: Null's agility. To complete a certain mission, there was need of a Pokemon powerful enough to rival those Pokemon often spoken of in mythology.

UB-01's body is composed of a glass-like substance. However, it's constantly changing shapes, never settling on one. While evidence of something like a survival instinct can be observed in UB-01, no one knows whether it has a will of its own or any emotions. It's said that, for some reason, its movements resemble those of a young girl.

The Ultra-Beasts were also translated as 'Ultra Chimera' in French, so possibly UB-01 is another artificial Pokemon. Although it's currently unknown if it even IS a Pokemon, since it lacks any listed typing. Some are a bit suspicious of the Aether Foundation too, and noted physical similarities between Lusamine, Gladion and Lillie.
7 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Another new Japanese trailer. Lots of nice looking visuals here including stuff like riding a Charizard. There's also a brief shot of what looks like Professor Oak with a dark skin and long hair... it's his cousin, Samson Oak.

7 years

Pokemon! ^_^

New stuff! Rockruff's evolution and two apparently alternate Ultra Beasts.

The name of the Pokemon Rockruff evolves into is Lycanroc and has a different appearance based on if it evolves in Pokemon Sun or in Pokemon Moon. It notes that Rockruff becomes the Midday Form when bathed in the rays of the sun and when full of the night's power, it becomes the Midnight Form.

Midday Form has the abilities Keen Eye and Sand Rush and can learn Accelerock, a priority Rock move. Midnight Form has the abilities Keen Eye or Vital Spirit can can learn Counter.

There are also two Ultra Beasts called UB02, UB02 Beauty and UB02 Absorption.
In the scan, it shows UB02 Absorption appearing in Pokemon Sun, facing off against Tapu Koko and UB02 Beauty facing off against Tapu Koko in Pokemon Moon.

It was said that Rockruff shares a secret with the starters, which might be split-evolutions based on daytime. As for the Ultra Beasts, Beauty looks vaguely roach-like, whereas Absorption looks like a mosquito swollen with blood...
7 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Okay well the first thing that came to mind when I saw the nighttime evo of Rockruff was, someone gave Shadow from Sonic an upgrade. Anyone else see that or is it just me? Also those new UB's, what are they?
7 years

Pokemon! ^_^

New vid:

Shows off trainer customization (it's back from Pokemon X and Y), Lycanroc's forms, Pokemon Refresh (the replacement for Pokemon Amie), Z moves for Pikachu and Eevee, and two version exclusive primates:

Next, it showed off a Pokemon from Pokemon Sun called Passimian which is Fighting-type with the ability Receiver which takes the partner's ability when a partner faints.

Next is one in Pokemon Moon called Oranguru which is Normal/Psychic with Inner Focus and Telepathy. It has a new move called Instruct which allows the targeted Pokemon to use its last move instantly
7 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Trailer with starter middle stages, the upcoming Pokemon Sun/Moon demo, Ash-Greninja and other stuff:

Starter middle evos:

Dartrix is Grass/Flying, Torracat is Fire, and Brionne is Water. No type changes yet.

Dartrix is extremely sensitive to other presences in the area and can detect opponents behind it and throw feathers to strike them without even seeing them. This Pokemon conceals sharp-bladed feathers inside its wings, showing astounding precision as it sends them flying in attack. And it goes beyond propelling its blade quills in simple straight lines - it can even bend these feathers to change their trajectories! Revealing a certain snobbiness in its personality, Dartrix cares a great deal about its appearance, grooming its feathers in every spare moment. In truth, it's also a bit of a birdbrain, with a tendency to bungle things up. Once it makes a mistake, it sometimes gets into a desperate struggle to gloss over the situation and ends up making a bigger mess than ever. At times, this Pokemon feels so bothered by its dirty or ruffled feathers that it can't focus on battle. When it loses its focus, it sometimes even retires from the battle on the spot! It's up to each Trainer to help Dartrix overcome this troublesome stage. If this Pokemon is with a Trainer who helps it through, its strength will grow hugely!

The bell-like object attached at the base of Torracat's neck is a flame sac, an organ that can produce flames. Torracat's emotions cause a rise in the organ's temperature, and when the organ spits flames, it rings with the high, clear sound of a bell. Torracat attacks using the flames emitted from this bell. Torracat's mane serves as an excellent sensory organ, and it can sense what's going on around it - even in the dark! It can also detect the presence of hidden enemies. Torracat has a great love for battle and will attack so relentlessly that its opponents lose the will to fight. And yet it sometimes behaves like spoiled child in front of Trainers or Pokemon with whom it has built a relationship of trust. The cat punch that this Pokemon can dish out with its strong forelegs is extremely powerful. It can bend iron bars and knock out large men with a single blow!

Brionne learns its dances by imitating the other members of its colony. It sometimes even learns dances from humans. This Pokemon is a hard worker and pours itself into its efforts until it has memorized each dance. As it dances, Brionne creates balloon after balloon. In battle, it first sends its opponent into disarray with its dancing, and then slaps its balloons into its target, causing the balloons to explode and deal damage. Brionne can dance in perfect time with others, even if they have only just met. On moonlit nights, you can sometimes see throngs of Brionne dancing as one, in perfect fluidity. Brionne always acts cheery and positive. Even when it's feeling sad, this Pokemon doesn't allow its sorrow to show. It's said that Brionne will only reveal a sad expression to a Pokemon or Trainer to whom it has opened its heart completely.

Also there will be a demo of Pokemon Sun/Moon released on October 18, where the reward is a special Ash-Greninja as seen in the anime.

Ash-Greninja is obtained through a special demo to be released October 18th 2016. It can then be transferred to the main games at launch. Ash Greninja has the ability Battle Bond which causes it to change form when it knocks out an opponent.
7 years

Pokemon! ^_^

I pre-ordered both too, it just feels incomplete without both, like if I only have one I'm missing out on other things that are in the other version.
7 years

Pokemon! ^_^

A bunch of evolutions today, also Alolan Grimer & Muk, Type: Null's evolution Silvally and another island Kahuna and Trial Captain.

Alolan Grimer and Alolan Muk, both Poison/Dark types. Their form change is from being used for garbage disposal apparently. The white bits are poison crystals made from hardened toxins from the garbage they eat. Alolan Muk kind of resembles an oil slick I guess, and its colours flow in animation.

Bounsweet's evolutions Steenee and Tsareena, both pure Grass types. Tsareena can have the Queenly Majesty ability which prevents attacks like Quick Attack and Aqua Jet from striking first. They're based off the mangosteen, the "Queen of Fruits".

Cutiefly's evolution Ribombee, still Bug/Fairy.

Jangmo-o's evolutions Hakamo-o and Kommo-o. Both of its evolutions are now Dragon/Fighting types.

Type: Null's evolution Silvally, which destroys its restraining mask to unleash its true speed and power. Through it's RKS System ability, it can change it's typing to any of the other types depending on specific items it is equipped with. It also has a move called Multi-Attack which matches whatever type it is. Both its ability and move sound familiar. smiley
7 years

Pokemon! ^_^

The Pokemon Sun/Moon demo is out!... or at least it is in Australia/New Zealand. Europe and America/etc will get theirs later today.

For North America in particular, it will go live at 07:00 PDT. Europe will be 'late morning'.

Nintendo of Europe ✔ @NintendoEurope
Don't forget: a special demo of #PokemonSunMoon will be available from late morning on 18/10.

I'm enjoying what I've seen of it so far. smiley Also the demo continues on after it shows you stuff from the real games, so don't turn it off or anything. smiley You can't save the demo manually, it'll autosave after events like beating the first part of the demo. Also as previously mentioned, playing through the demo will allow you to transfer Ash-Greninja and other items to the full games when they come out.

Explore and talk to all the NPCs, there'll be extra things to do as the days go by - for a start there's a guy next to the Pokemon Center who has something planned tomorrow (Oct 19). smiley

Update: Demo is now live in Europe and the UK.
7 years

Pokemon! ^_^

I got it on October 18th, as soon as it was out in the Nintendo eShop. I think I've done most of what you can do in the Sun and Moon demo, I did the Ten Carat hill Trial Quest, the Pokemon Catching contest, and the Mahalo Trail thing. I talked to the girl in the marina about her boat trip and the Beauty girl by the roadside, umm and that masala thing with Hau. Not sure what else there is to do in it.
7 years