Events

Chicago - may 31st!

*bump* what time would people want to go to this? It goes from 12-11pm, but I was thinking this could be a early dinner for us, say 3 or 4pm? Then just walk around until we don't feel like walking and (for those of age) we could sit at a nearby bar for however long. Thoughts?
10 years

Chicago - may 31st!

I am going to attempt to make this >:c

Keep me in the loop (no pun intended, this is north of the loop anyway...)
9 years

Chicago - may 31st!

Okay so based on the website directions (www.mayfestchicago.com/directions.html) it looks like the western brown line stop would be the best central location, with the nearest address I could find is some chinese restaurant called Thai Oscar at 4638 N Western.

However, I believe all parking up there is street parking, and on a Saturday it would most likely be a "pay to park" situation, and some places have time limits on parking (aka you put a parking sticker in your car and it's only good for a couple hours or so). Public transportation could be a better option for those who are comfortable riding it. You can go to most, if not all, CTA train stations to get a Ventra 1-day pass for $5. I believe some drug stores or Jewel grocery stores sell them as well? Don't quote me on that though.

A little over three weeks away - I'm getting excited! I'll be messaging everyone in a week or so to get a more accurate head count.
9 years

Chicago - may 31st!

For people driving to the city from far away, it might be a good idea to park some place free like on my street in Logan Square and then take a cab up to Maifest. Easier than running to pay your meter all day and probably about the same cost.
9 years

Chicago - may 31st!

sexyfat18 wrote:
If I fly in from St. Louis would anyone help me find my way smiley

From Midway (which I live right next to): The orange line CTA station is in the Midway airport. Take that towards the city (which is the only way you can go since the Midway stop is the end of the line), transfer to Clark/Lake brown line stop, and take the brown line to Western. The fest is right there! Total transit time: 1hr 15min

From O'Hare: The blue line CTA station is in the O'Hare airport. Take that towards the city (which is the only way you can go since the O'Hare stop is the end of the line), and you can either do one of two things: Take the blue line to Clark/Lake brown line and take that to Western, OR take the blue line to Western and take the 49 bus North to Leland/Western (which is the Western brown line stop). Note that from O'Hare the CTA cost is $5 rather than the normal $2.25 fare...because Chicago blows. Total transit time: roughly 1hr 10min.

Hope this helps! Or PM me if you have any questions.
9 years

Chicago - may 31st!

Woo! Ten days away! I've PM'd (or texted if I know you personally) those who have expressed interest on this forum so that we can start getting a head count. If I haven't PM'd you that's because of the lovely messaging limit we have, so I'll do that tomorrow. Final logistics will be sent out early next week so that everyone is on the same page. Looking forward to seeing everyone - and I'll be sure to take pictures of us as well!
9 years

Chicago - may 31st!

MassivelyDelicious wrote:
Im just gonna hop on a train and hope for the best! Lol
So cyclone...whats the plan? Where we meeting, what we doing?

The plan right now is to meet at the Western brown line stop and figure out the entrance from there. I was thinking be there around 2:30-3, enjoy the festival, and then if we are so inclined we can end at an adult establishment for libations.

A "formal" itinerary will be out next week haha, I haven't looked too much into the festival since a few weeks ago. Guess I should now!
9 years

Chicago - may 31st!

THE EVENT IS IN THREE DAYS! YAY!!!!

The event's website (www.mayfestchicago.com/) is not great at telling us all logistics, so I've decided to meet at the Western Brown Line CTA stop between 2:30-3:00pm, Here's my proposed timeline:

2:30-3:00pm - meet at Western CTA stop
3:00-7:00pm - enjoy Mayfest (or if we enjoy ourselves longer than 7pm that's OK too!)
7:00pm - go to a bar. Option A: Huettenbar, 4721 N Lincoln Ave (right across the street from the festival). Option B: If Huettenbar is crowded, we can find another bar within walking distance if we so choose.

Transportation: You can try to find a parking spot nearby (their website says parking may be available at the nearby St. Mathias Church or MB Financial Bank) or take the CTA train to the Western Brown line stop. If you don't already have a Ventra card (the card used for the CTA now), you can go to most (if not all) stations and buy a 1-day pass for $10.

Cost for this event: Not mentioned on the website, and since I am unsure if ATMs are available, BRING CASH WITH YOU!!!! There is no entrance fee but obviously food and drinks will be at your own cost.

Based on the RSVPs, we will have between 8-9 people, but some people on this forum have said they wanted to go but have not RSVPd. That being said, I will state that not everyone will RSVP through me and show up anyways (aka potential creepers) and I can't control that - however, there were no creepers at the last event I organized so here's hoping that streak keeps alive. I've given those who have RSVPd my cell phone if you need to get a hold of me.

Any questions please let me know! I will keep this forum updated throughout the next couple days if need be, and definitely regarding our whereabouts on the day of. Hope to see you all then!
9 years

Chicago - may 31st!

Excellent. I'll see you there on Saturday!
9 years

Chicago - may 31st!

WBooster wrote:
Ooh, forgot it was today! Still on the fence on this, but hey how would I notify? Would Cyclone still read the PM?

Just PM'd you WBooster!

Some final things before the event:
1) Bring cash with you as I have no idea what the ATM/debit card/credit card situation is like on the festival grounds.
2) It will be warm so please plan accordingly (sunscreen, sunglasses, water, etc)
3) Have FUN!

See you all around 2:30!
9 years
123   loading