Extreme obesity

Is being fat a crime????

I was shocked when I heard this news on the radio. I don't want to fatten kids, but is being fat a crime????

www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-suffolk-27730696
9 years

Is being fat a crime????

OK, why I posted this article, is because the police is involved in this. And the parents will probably charged for their sons obesity.

I'm against to let kids join in this lifestyle, but if a kid is overweight and as I heard his weight on the radio, he isn't that obese that his life would be in danger. In this case I think the police and others seem to overreact and put obesity in the crimescene...
9 years

Is being fat a crime????

I was obese as a kid and I was fed really only health food because my mum was a hippie and we lived in the country where the nearest fast food restaurant was like a 40 minute drive, some kids are just fat and it doesnt necessarily represent bad parenting, the thought that my mum would have been charged with child abuse is so ludicrous, especially while there were thin kids who ate almost nothing BUT junk food, but no one would have cared about that right because outwardly they were thin, just makes no sense
I would support more taking away kids if they were presenting actual health problems from their diet like high bp or cholesterol etc.

and besides im pretty sure being fat is alot better than being in state care and shifted from foster care to group home etc.
9 years

Is being fat a crime????

Big +1 for Elanor's post, I agree wholeheartedly.
9 years

Is being fat a crime????

Don't get mee wrong.. I don't say the child isn't big... I just say that where police is involved, institutions are overreacting and that causes criminalisation... Institutions are often overeacting, because they don't see the real problematic issues..
it seems to me that this is an easy target and this kind of news sells...
And the result is that every parent of a fat adult person is pointed fingers at...
9 years