General

Picture theft

Hi I am only putting this thread up for the people who have seen their pics on other websites without permission. Just post leaving the website you saw the infringement take place. Hopefully someone with a better idea on this than me can give you advice on how to go about getting them removed from that website if possible.

I'm sure the moderators will help you.

For now don't be too upset, just keep calm and if anyone sees another members pic on another site please inform them first as they may or may not be members there.
9 years

Picture theft

My pictures from my previous account, 84LilRascl, were stolen and posted on curvage, then made their way to tumblr.

It's probably long past the point now, but if anyone comes across any tags or threads with my name, I was not asked and definitely did not consent.

Good idea starting a thread for people to get the word out, and hopefully some help smiley
9 years

Picture theft

There are a few unscrupulous members from other websites that are systematically lifting pictures from this site and posting them elsewhere.

They have taken the view that since you have made material available on the web and not explicitly tried to protect your copyright, there is an implied license for them to use your pics as they see fit and that your pics are now in the public domain.

I strongly disagree with this view for the following reasons:

* It is the law in most Western countries that your copyright is protected by default, so you don't have to explicitly protect your copyright.
* This website automatically tries to protect your content by only making it available to registered members, and disabling the right-click -> save as browser feature on view pic pages. Therefore it would be difficult to argue that the content was made freely available.
* The content owners are known and in most cases easily contactable on this website, yet very rarely are owners ever asked permission for their content to be used.

Therefore, anyone posting your pics on other websites is blatantly breaking copyright law, so there is something you can do about it. As a first step I would contact the website owner and ask for the pics to be removed. In most cases your pics will be removed without question, since generally they realize that their website could be shut down if too many complaints are made against them. If this doesn't work they a complaint to their Internet Service Provider should do the trick, although to be fair this should be a last resort.
9 years

Picture theft

I can't say that I'm furious at people for reporting non copywriten pictures that I put on the internet of myself. I'm more mad at myself but this caused me to delete my tumblr and stop posting all face pictures. It's a shame because I l like my face and it compliments my *** so well.

northerngoddess.blogspot.com/2013/05/mckaty.html

Additionally searching McKaty or XLDinnerbelle will pop up alllover curvage.
9 years

Picture theft

The thread is called "pictures from Fantasy Feeder". So its obvious that the pictures are stolen. For Curvage there is only 1 action to take. Delete the whole thread. Although every poster has his/her own copyright, on European mainland, there is also the portraitright. (and this includes more than a face.) So if this thread is existing already over 2 years, Curvage is hosting ruleviolation.
In some countries, hosting ruleviolation is procecutable too, ALSO when the violation is hosted in another country. So for superj707, there is only one little thing to do at this moment, deleting the whole thread!
9 years

Picture theft

NOTE to anyone who is posting on Facebook.

When you post pics on FB "shared with everyone" you have given permission for anybody to use the pics. If you have limeted the audiance by "shared with friends" or "shared with friends of friends" you still haven't given away your own copy- and potraitrights. However when you post in "open groups" you have.

The copyrights belong to the photographer, the portraitright belongs to the person on the picture.
9 years

Picture theft

As far as I can see, Hiccups did every thing he can do to prevent picturetheft. And the team is very keen on deleting reported pictures. So after having said all I said in here, I also want to say:
Keep up the good work Fantasy Feeder!
9 years

Picture theft

RockinRolls wrote:

Do you undertake verification checks of your users? FF did/does. I used to be a mod that did them.

Verificationcheck is more valuable to prevent fakes from being on the site than to prevent picturetheft. The thief can be a real member and still steel the pics and post them on another site. I'm not against verificationchecks, but it's not the solution to this problem..
9 years

Picture theft

RockinRolls wrote:
Will the thread remain off and will you actively discourage the use of re-posting identifiable material?

The difficulty here is that FF works in a very different way to Curvage. The two sites are not as similar as the casual user might expect. On FF, site members are only allowed to post pictures of themselves. A guy posting loads of pictures of random BBW's would never be allowed and FF has always been very strict on this. When this does happen the photos are always removed. Photos that look a bit dodgy or fake / stolen are also regularly challenged (I did this myself for some 3-4 years as a moderator here).

Curvage however is quite different and has always primarily been based around guys posting pictures of random 'curvy' girls. In the last couple of years you've had more girls posting pictures directly over there, but primarily most of the content there is probably stolen, or certainly used without consent. A couple of years back I had my pictures from here stolen and used by a gay guy on a gay fetish site and I was very angry, so I do sympathise with the people here who have had their photos taken without consent.

If Curvage went down the FF route of not allowing members to post photos of anyone other than themselves, then then the site would be dead within weeks if not days. It is a key part of that site.

Given the above, I think complete removal of the FF member thread and making sure further FF member threads do not appear, along with making reporting options a lot better is probably the best halfway house option.

That's my two cents anyway.
9 years