General

Minecraft server

Hello! As I laid out in the other topic I've set up a Minecraft server for everyone on FF to enjoy.

As of writing, the server is 1.8.1 vanilla with a few server plugins to make administration easier for me and add some nice perks for you.
You can join the server at duh102.org:25509

Feel free to report any problems to me either through Minecraft (I'll frequently be monitoring the chat) or by joining the irc channel I set up at duh102.org/6667 #ffserv, I'll be Duh102 there.

Hope to see you there!
9 years

Minecraft server

The largest amount of people seem to get on around ~8pm-10pm EST, which is around 1am-3am GMT, but I might be mistaken.

Also, if you find yourself unable to use lava buckets, you probably haven't been promoted to member. Scream at me loudly ingame to promote you, when I'm next looking at the chat I should see it.
9 years

Minecraft server

I don't have any plans of shutting it down, so it should, assuming your parts come in the next few months.
9 years

Minecraft server

I made some offline renders of the map, an isometric one of the main settlement and an overhead of everything. Very nice looking buildings around!

Isometric
Overhead (warning: large)
9 years

Minecraft server

You would need to put whatever you want into the server name (it's unimportant to actually connecting, just for your own benefit), and duh102.org:25509 into the address.
9 years

Minecraft server

Just upgraded the server and doubled the RAM, which means I can host a modded server if people would be interested in that. To be clear, it would be alongside the current server, not a replacement, and I'd be taking suggestions on which modpack to use. I prefer the big tech modpacks personally but I have no problem hosting other ones if people want them, if you all want a modded server at all.
9 years

Minecraft server

Some more renders for your viewing pleasure.
Isometric
Overhead
9 years

Minecraft server

Just bumping to say this is still up and waiting for people if anyone wants to play!
8 years

Minecraft server

Yes: PC, no mods except a few serverside things, v1.8.4.

I can do modded servers but I didn't want to push it onto you all without some consensus, and that just didn't happen previously.
8 years

Minecraft server

I actually have WorldEdit installed, but only I have access to it (for obvious reasons).

In unrelated news, I'm going to be moving this Saturday, and because of that (and the usual uncertainty with internet and electricity) I'll be bringing the server down this Friday the 29th. I'll bring it up again when it's possible, I'm hoping for the 31st but I don't want to make a promise I might not be able to keep.
Worry not, world data won't be lost and it'll be joinable as soon as I can get it going.
8 years
12   loading