Fat experiences

Men will love you because of your looks, even if you’re ugly.

I did not write this, it's a repost but I resonate with it.

emmatheemo.wordpress.com/2013/09/05/men-will-love-you-because-of-your-looks-even-if-youre-ugly/

Modern American feminists want to get rid of the “impossible beauty standards” and be loved for themselves, not for their looks.

They don’t want to shave their legs, keep their hair long, wear makeup (or not wear their makeup, if a man dares to say he likes the makeup-free look) or keep their weight down.

When such women do get a man to fall in love with them, perhaps they think they’ve found someone who loves them “for them”… Yes, for them, their delusional beliefs about human nature, competitive personality and “confidence”.

My dad once told me something funny. When I was a teenager, I was a bit crazy and told my dad “Hey, if I become fat, will all the creepy shallow men ignore me? Will the guy who falls for me then, love me for me?”

And I drew a picture of a fat girl, how I wanted to look like. It looked kind of like this girl at her fattest, or slightly less fat.

redhead weightloss
emmatheemo.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/redhead-weightloss.jpg

Dad said “No, if you look like that, men will still be attracted to you. This is a very cute chubby girl you’ve drawn”.
“Damn!” – I thought. I guess there is no escaping the male gaze.

And then later I found out it’s true. If you’re that fat, you’ll be loved by cute chubby-chaser betas.

So even if you messed with your looks, there will be a guy liking that look despite all the flaws you inflicted on it. So don’t try that method to eliminate physical love. You’ll just narrow the pool of men who are capable of falling in love with you, but fail to achieve the “pure” ideal romantic love.

--------
So the feminists are trying to make women less attractive so men will have to love them for who they are, not what they look like. But Emma the Emo says this won't work. Men will still be attracted by looks.

JJ.
8 years

JumpingJack:
So the feminists are trying to make women less attractive so men will have to love them for who they are, not what they look like.

No they aren't. There's no major modern American feminist movement to make women 'less attractive' or something whatsoever.

They don�t want to shave their legs, keep their hair long, wear makeup (or not wear their makeup, if a man dares to say he likes the makeup-free look) or keep their weight down.

Actually, plenty of them want to do all these things, and -do- these things, just not be forced into it by society. It's about having a choice. It shouldn't be considered to be a sin to do these things, or not do these things. They can look how they want to look for themselves, not to fit society's expectations, and not for what men want.

And then later I found out it�s true. If you�re that fat, you�ll be loved by cute chubby-chaser betas.

"Betas"? We're not doing the alpha/beta male thing are we? Also this whole thing implies that fat is unattractive.
8 years

Well if you say that feminist are not trying to make women less attractive then you mist be right.
If you are disapproving of the alpha/beta male thing then does that mean you are a feminist? Feminists are up in arms over men not being women. They seem to hate men. Obviously that's not what their spokes people say but it's what their followers say. It's an evil political doctrine to enslave men. As is the diet industry is to enslave women. Nothing wrong with effective methods to get into shape if that's what you want. But that's not how they usually play it.
8 years

If you are disapproving of the alpha/beta male thing then does that mean you are a feminist?

The alpha/beta thing is based on bad science. We're intelligent human beings, not wolves (primates too, not carnivora), which is what the concept originates from - studying wolves in captivity. If you look at the below link, this guy helped start the concept of the alpha male wolf in the first place, and he comments on how outdated it is.

davemech.org/news.html

Feminists are up in arms over men not being women. They seem to hate men. Obviously that's not what their spokes people say but it's what their followers say.

Not true either. I don't deny that some individuals who would call themselves feminists genuinely hate men, but they are much comparatively few in number compared to the total number of feminists in existence. Many male feminists exist too, and they aren't self-loathing. Take Terry Crews for example, who spoke about about it recently:

independent.co.uk/news/people/brooklyn-ninenine-actor-terry-crews-on-how-macho-culture-has-led-to-the-deaths-of-millions-and-why-hes-a-feminist-10106529.html

It's an evil political doctrine to enslave men.

Just the opposite - it includes freeing men too actually. Society puts men in little boxes too. "You're a loser if you don't get laid" "why are you crying, men don't cry" "women don't want to see you cry" "why are you cracking up, men don't crack up, men are strong, you're a pussy, man up" "don't talk about your feelings, hold them in" "don't be sensitive, be tough" "men can't be raped by women" "being bullied? harden up and take it" "you like dancing? only gays and women like that, do sports instead"

Men break and commit suicide over this stuff. Men need feminism too.
8 years

So F1 has not got rid of the attractive women on the starting grid? The Sun is not getting rid of the naked women on Page 3? Feminists are OK with women using their sexuality in a way a man cannot? Saphial admits that some feminists are extremists. I say we are in the 3rd wave, where Feminists are actually trying to control women as well as men. OK so they are the minority but they are the politically active. Far from wanting to help men who can't get laid, they like it that way. Pick Up Artist Juilean Blanc was banned from the UK by feminists. Feminists want friction between the sexes and I don't mean the lovemaking kind.
8 years

JumpingJack:
Feminists are up in arms over men not being women. They seem to hate men.

Elanor:
Nah, we don't hate men. We just hate stupidity. However, if the shoe fits...

So now I am stupid?
It's all very well saying what feminists believe based on what you believe but you are calling me stupid because I notice things about feminists that you claim are not true. Not true for you maybe but open your eyes.
8 years

chubbyhoney:
Oh my good god.

When I go to the hairdresser, when I do or don't put makeup on, when I take something out the wardrobe to wear, when I make a choice from a menu in a restaurant - I am neither making a feminist statement nor giving any thought whatsoever to what a man might think of how I look.

So why do you put on makeup?
8 years

Here is an example of a minority of feminists letting down the rest of the movement;
theverge.com/2014/11/13/7213819/your-bowling-shirt-is-holding-back-progress

The man landed a spaceship on a comet and the feminists harangue him over his shirt. The shirt is covered in sexy looking women from the movies, made by a female friend.

Do you support the feminists in this?
8 years

Why is this still here? I've seen threads removed for far less. It's anti-woman hate speech.
8 years

It sounds like there are too many things going on here. As someone pointed out, feminism is about equality, not about bad hygiene. Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. For example, on this site, gaining weight makes someone more attractive, not less. Women are free to cut their hair short, not shave their legs, dress in men's clothes, etc. But men (or whoever) are free not to find them attractive and not make advances towards them. And some men probably prefer women who are not traditional. As fas as "ugly," there are some things that can be fixed, and some that can't be fixed easily. A woman with a big nose is not the same thing as a woman who doesn't shave her legs. Beauty is what first attracts someone, but there are a lot more factors that keep people together. But I also know some older women who no longer take pride in their looks and then criticizes men who like younger women. Women are free to spend less time on their looks, but men are free to be attracted to women who try to look their best.
8 years
12   loading