General

Stolen pictures

They have some fixation with 'sharing' the photos around for everyone to enjoy, and can't comprehend that sharing someone's personal photo posted up on a website like this is much, much different from sharing a funny graphic or something similar.

I remember before when photos were stolen a woman went off at the people who'd taken them and one was all "but can't you see, you should be happy lots more people get to see your photos now than just on that website, your audience is wider now". That's their logic for you. Can't get my head around it. =/

Also if they put stolen photos on Tumblr or whatever they're probably hoping to gather likes and followers from it too.
8 years

Stolen pictures

The Z:
SS- It's interesting to me to consider that once upon a time, your splash page for this very site contained images you had taken from members' profiles and then used without their consent.

It's nice to see some progress.

Really? I only became a mod and started using the site regularly around 5 years ago so I don't remember much before the previous site design which had the same photos as now.
8 years

Stolen pictures

The Z:
Sorry, SS I did not mean to single you out specifically- clearly my mistake, I mean the admins/mods/webmaster rather at the time.

My mistake!

No worries. smiley Oh, and if we actively identify anyone on here stealing photos/videos and posting them off site, they get perma-banned on the spot. Such was the fate of one of the more prolific thieves on Tumblr.

Actually, one thing that's bothered me for a while is seeing many other seemingly decent people, men, women and others alike, reblog and like said photos from photo thieves on there instead of reporting them to us. I guess they either don't know the stuff is stolen, or casually don't care that it is and have a 'whatever, it's hot' attitude about it. Hopefully not the latter.
8 years